Forums

Help › Forums

mini world cup 2016

Tue, Jul 11 2017 11:08 AM (1,381 replies)
  • bluey403
    1,527 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2016 1:22 AM

Well said Aaron

To you, Jim and Cosa Nostra, congrats on making the Grand Final. A great effort indeed.

You guys had a tough draw in the quarters and semi. Hopefully we can scrape in and set up another rematch.

If we can, it should be a beauty, fingers crossed.

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2016 6:32 AM

bluey403:

Well said Aaron

To you, Jim and Cosa Nostra, congrats on making the Grand Final. A great effort indeed.

Dave

• bigcountry317
    4,269 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2016 11:55 AM

Good luck Pete, it'll be a fun matchup with either cc but would be really cool to have both of the finals cc's come out of the same early bracket.  If your squad makes the finals I'll be hoping for a match with you or Patrick....lol, y'all both have dealt me a loss in this deal and I need a shot at redemption lol! :-)

Thanks Dave, would have been impossible to script out a closer finish.  Doug spoke very highly of your game and sportsmanship......well played.

Tip of the hat to Paul and all of the clubs/players that have participated in this event.  Yes we've had a few dust ups here and there but it has, in large part, been an extremely well run and fun event.  I have not done the math but the completion percentage on these matches has to be extremely high as I've not seen many results with a DNP by 'em.  It is a credit to the cc's and their players as well to have such a good turnout.

Good luck to those left to play, finish it off with a bang!

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 1:11 AM

he all

i dont think the final matches with the bats and eros are going to be completed by tonight.

i have had messages off both captains regarding players not responding and not turning up for their games,

this competition has been the best one ive run so far and i havnt had to get involved much which is a testament to all captains and players,im on a very tight deadline because im off to orlando on the 21st and wanted this comp done by then.

so i have decided to call this match a draw,

it will go to a penalty shootout / closest to the hole challenge,

i have asked for three players from each team to compete in it,

they will play merion july sweeps challenge,it will start midnight tonight and finish tues midnight,it is unlimited so they can play it as many times as they want but their final score on tues night will count.

the final will start wed 6th and should be done for the 20th i hope lol.

it will be interesting to see how the players progress over the next few days and we will have a winner,

thx for all support ,we will finish this comp before i fly off to the sun and universal and disney and millers bar on international drive which is my favourite bar in the world lol

paul

• bluey403
    1,527 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 2:39 AM

To be totally honest here, I believe the shoot out should involve the players that havnt played their matches.

Surely that is the best way to decide this, and we will all know who has been fair dinkum in getting these  games done.

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 2:54 AM

pete has made a valid point here

it will the three players who havnt played to decide the match

EROS

Julplant    
    TdotDoba   

Legaci  

THE BATS

twopara 
    mufcmikecox 
    cdaynger  
  • bluey403
    1,527 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 3:22 AM

Jules has played Paul,  it is Scottyork

Cheers.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 4:33 AM

Forgive me here Paul , but surely the rules laid out by u at the beginning must apply here.

If the matches are not played on time then they are void, and u call the result as it stands.

I didn't play Bombshelly in the first round and it was voided., so what is the difference here.

Quote "you have had two weeks john to sort out the game mate"

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 5:11 AM

thx john for pointing that out and you are right

had too much beer last night and was not thinking properly,

i have had  time to rethink about this situation.

the way i see it is this.

there are 3 games left to play and you have till midnight tonite,

if any games are played then the result will stand,any matches not played will be void 

if after tonight it is still 3-3 then it will go a penalty shootout on the merion july sweeps.

it will be the lowest combined score of three players chosen by their captain to decides which team  goes through to the final,

that is my final decision on this matter,

paul

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 7:02 AM

Who doesn't like A MAN THAT CAN MAKE DECISIONS.

RSS