Forums

Help › Forums

mini world cup 2016

Tue, Jul 11 2017 11:08 AM (1,381 replies)
  • Oteare
    548 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 1:09 PM

Wesdog def Oteare 3&2.  No excuses needed, Wes put together a solid -14 through 16 and my putter lived up to expectations. Great guy, great player from a great group of guys.   

Cosa Nostra 1   Eros 0

• Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 1:12 PM

Thanks Patrick, I enjoyed the heck out of our match, to me that was how these things are supposed to be played.

One of us  would hit a nice shot and without fail the other would answer every time........was alot of fun, hope to play again soon

• Oteare
    548 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2016 1:16 PM

Wesdogg75:

Thanks Patrick, I enjoyed the heck out of our match, to me that was how these things are supposed to be played.

One of us  would hit a nice shot and without fail the other would answer every time........was alot of fun, hope to play again soon

I don't know how to do that scorecard posting crap but here is my handwritten card.

1.  Par 1dn

2. Bird AS

3. Par 1dn

4. Bird AS

5. Bird AS

6. Bird AS

7. Bird AS

8. Bird AS

9. Bird AS

10. Bird AS

11. Par 1dn

12. Bird 1dn

13. Bird 1dn

14. Bird 1dn

15. Par 2dn

16. Par 3dn

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 2:33 AM

Sounds like a good match guys,

Mike & I are set for Midday Tuesday, my time.

Tomorrow I off to play golf (IRL) @ Hope Island Links, one of Australia's best courses with 3 other WGT'ers that I have never actually met before.

Kay (kdownunder-Aphrodite) , Yusuf (xxxYKD25-Transgressional) & Leon (handyman0462-Aussie Aussie Aussie).

So looking forward to it, should be great day out.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2016 10:03 AM

Coincidence, I too am playing golf Tuesday with a fellow WGT'er Stu ( 2eyedfeeney) - Cosa Nostra, on one of Thailands best courses, Santiburi in Chiang Rai.

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2016 7:54 AM

Tried to leave the following on Bombshelly's wall, but for some reason it wont post...placing it here in hopes it reaches you:

Hello!

Looks like we are paired for the finals in the World Cup. Apparently something's not working with the "Friend Request" button, as I've clicked twice (both yesterday and today) and when I return to your page later it's there again. Either shoot me an FR or let me know how we can set up our match :)

Cheers!

=bk=

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2016 10:43 PM

Cosa Nostra lead 2-0

Just played a tight match with Swahili Mike. I opened the door with a bad tee shot on 9, for Mike to go 1up. The back 9 will be remembered by the several close shaves with the putter from both of us as we tried to close the match out.

We halved every hole on the back for Mike to win 1 UP. Enjoyed the game mate.

Cosa Nostra have firmed to favourite but as we all know anything is possible on WGT.

Cheers,

Pete.

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 2:44 AM

Yeah BK, I checked out Shelly's wall just before,

Your message is there,

Personally i havnt been in contact  for a few days, when i do i will ask her to get in touch.

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 3:54 AM

Thanks for the update Pete!

Truly just trying to do my due diligence here in getting in contact with Shelly, and with the trials and tribulations of the lovely WGT, I wanted to make sure I reached out.

Cheers and good luck my friend :)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 8:26 AM

bluey403:

Cosa Nostra lead 2-0

Just played a tight match with Swahili Mike. I opened the door with a bad tee shot on 9, for Mike to go 1up. The back 9 will be remembered by the several close shaves with the putter from both of us as we tried to close the match out.

We halved every hole on the back for Mike to win 1 UP. Enjoyed the game mate.

Cosa Nostra have firmed to favourite but as we all know anything is possible on WGT.

Cheers,

Pete.

Yep, twas a nail biter that could have gone either way!

Good game Pete!

PS, looks like the keyboard issue  i/e no space bar-is a WGT vs Maxthon now, space bar working fine here.

RSS