rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 5 2016 1:33 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2016 11:17 PM

WGTChampion:

Try these suggestions to help you with your swing meter issues:

- Trouble shooting steps and system requirements, particularly clearing the browser and Flash cache:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/635.aspx 

- Close other programs, browser windows and browser tabs 

- Have the wgt.com website open but minimized and not displayed 

- Play WGT in the original window size, do not maximize it to full screen

- Turn off Reflections, Flag Animation, Background Loading, Avatar rotations, and WGT Lessons in your Options

_CHAMPION

Always ignore champ and read what other players offer of advice !

• cknoll4
    4 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2016 3:59 AM

People will tell you to close this and that, clean your cache(recommended) but to really solve your my meter problems install Maxthon Browser. I have been using this browserfor almost a year now with no meter problems. Give it a try.

• Boquerone
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2016 1:24 PM

OK. Lots of people trying to help and ofc ourse all help and advice is appreciated.

However not being very IT knowledgable some of it I have to admit is beyond me.

Believe me though I have tried some of the measures but unfortunately the problem is persisiting,albiet to a lesser extent.

I changed to Opera this morning to try yet another browser and it was better until another surge well past the ding cost me yet another ball to out of bounds.

As I have said before I have cleared caches and cookies without improvement.

cknoll I did try Maxthon previously and found that while the meter surging was less every putt was going way past my usual measured putting. And I,m talking putts of 3ft which I would putt without problem were ending up some 7 or 8ft past the hole. And that was on the level. However I will give it another try as I suppose if it alleviates the meter surge problem I could overcome the need to learn new putting distances.

Obviously reluctant to admit due to expense my laptop is now 5 years old and although it has been "serviced" on a couple of occasions maybe the solution is that it,s time to invest in a new one.  Sorry I can,t remember who advised me to take it to an expert and get it properly ·"cleaned" to eliminate any deep seated viruses or programmes which have not cleared using the CC cleaner and Malware.

So Thanks again to everyone who has tried to help. It,s good to know there are people out there who we don,t know but are  happy to help if they can.

Boquerone

• Boquerone
    2,574 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2016 1:33 PM

OK A final Thank You to all who have offered help and advice on this topic.

Very pleased to say I seem to have a solution to the meter problem by downloading Maxthon Cloud. I have played three short rounds today and not one meter surge.

As I mentioned previously I have tried Maxthon before but noticed big differences in putting distances i.e. the ball runs further than a normal putt. A fellow club member said he had similar problems after downloading Maxthon but learned to adjust.

I am sure some of the other suggestions also helped to clear the meter problem.

So I am now back on the green and hopefully I can improve my game once I master the new putting distances.

THANK YOU.

• PAGES
RSS