• PAGES
  • whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2016 6:19 AM

Ding Dong!

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2016 5:10 PM

All I know is that when I went from ding putting to miss-ding putting, my short game improved tenfold.

• TRutger
    133 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2016 5:50 PM

Off ding playing is my favorite way of saying F U to the vemister. Although I know he gets his more than I care to discuss. 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2016 12:06 AM

Here's a Vid of a game I played recently On Beth front9.    My favorite course and my next female child will be named Beth   lol  (no chance of that)

It shows missing the Ding can get you a good score. 

A few mistakes along the way as in game play,  #3 was shorter than I wanted, but good result.

#7 I meant to click just after ding, but came a fraction short of it,  then miss judged the distance of putt. (spewing bout that lol)

#2 shows to get around the trees off the tee.  I usually click the line before ding, but went slightly over it because of wind.  It also shows where to aim.  I use the Mini Map to move the aim to correct place.

#4 Par5....   My 2nd shot is always around the same place.  Easy 3rd shot to hole for Bird. I don't stuff around trying to get eagle on there.  Go for green,  end up in bunker or go off the back into the rough maybe then struggle to get back...   unless you are in the Ctth shot on Beth, that's good.   Too hit or miss for my game.  rather get the bird

Shows me missing the ding on the green too.

Hope the vid helps somebody

Edit...  click the 'Youtube on Vid for a bigger screen and then hit full screen

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 10:29 PM

pdb1:

mantis0014:
    Here's a Vid of a game I played recently On Beth front9.

Very good example of club control on your meter . 

Now can you do it with your eyes open ? Lol .

I tried to do it with my eyes open but totally stuffed it up   lol.  Usually around the 5th can is when my radar kicks in.

Unless you have got good reflexes, the slower the meter the better for missing the ding.  The problem I'm having at the moment is the first few games are at the normal speed,   then the meter quickens up for all games after.  Don't know what is causing that, The game or my Puter and No it's not the amount of cans I'm having   lol

Solarflares:
    That club of yours with that ball will easily take you over those trees at hole 2 btw.

Yeah, I suppose it does.  The only problem is ya flirting with those trees.  For me I thought it's not worth it as one shot, one round, one day will hit em at worse possible time   lol  My miss ding method takes away any chance to hit the tree.  The Aim can be moved according to wind and the Short of full shot is used so it doesn't go too far into rough.   That's with the Longer distance drivers.

Course management is as good as great shots.  Take away the risks then the only thing ya have to worry about is yaself.

-Roger

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2016 2:22 AM

Solarflares:

hakman123:
    By off-dinging slightly to the up-hill side it can force the putt to start on the desired line

I think what most people do is to aim as best they can to that correct-line - and then off-ding as some kind of insurance that the ball doesn't lo-side. Must be a typo - i think you meant "stay" and not "start".

No - not a typo.  As I said in the full post -- the ball sometimes comes off the blade of the putter at the wrong angle - mostly to the downhill side.  By this I mean you aim in the correct direction (say 20 degrees to the uphill side of the hole - intending it to curl back and drop in) but you see the ball actually start maybe at only 10 degrees and curl low. There is some variability (VEM) in the direction the ball takes.

By incorporating a little off-ding to the up-hill side, I am saying that the direction the ball comes off the putter head is more consistent. You don't get those putts that start low and miss.

• PAGES
RSS