Forums

Help › Forums

Got One new announcement...

Mon, May 9 2016 8:49 AM (40 replies)
  • BarelyHuman
    22 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2015 10:56 PM

hi WGT...

Done with the 'Error' issues, done with having all games interrupted, lost balls, matches scrapped after several holes....

Just done....

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 1:01 AM

Bu by then

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 1:23 AM

Ciao, don't let the door catch you on the way out.

p.s. no doubt see you soon

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 2:24 AM

C u tomorrow !!

Oh no forgot ...... yer done 

But probably not when he's bored with his life, he'll be back

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 2:42 AM

Back to the daily grind:

BarelyHuman:

12.26.15   Congressional C.C.   Full 18   Legend   72

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 3:24 AM

Welcome to the Hotel California.

• Pootick
    1,185 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 4:10 AM

BarelyHuman:

*** WGT...

Done with the 'Error' issues, done with having all games interrupted, lost balls, matches scrapped after several holes....

Just *** done....

I don't know this player but I can sense his frustration. I do not agree with " being done" is the solution that I would choose, but it seems to have been his. What surprises me, are the tongue in cheek comments made about his post. And what is gained by someone posting a less than stellar score that he had. I'm sorry folks, but I just fail to see any humor in the attempts to minimize his frustration or make it look like his skill level is somehow related. We have all suffered the things that he described but we chose to complain among friends rather than make a public post. It really bothers me that I see so many posts that are maybe made with good intention but can be very hurtful  as reply's to others posts.

Now I fully expect that someone will severely criticize this post as well, but that's OK. Call me whatever name you want, post my scores, make fun of my equipment or the Country Club that I belong to etc. etc.  I've seen it all too many times before happen to so many people. Is it too hard to lighten up with the sharp, and sometimes mean comments to others posts?

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 4:32 AM

I know what you mean, and I take responsibility for posting the score. But, the score ain't the point of my post. (I was above par at OLY this morning.)

First I wanted to support him in making up his mind & taking a position to wave good-bye. I strongly think that it's no use to wait for a change of the frustrating conditions by the company - it's rather necessary for each of use to be the change if they wish one. A Bravissimo! to each of us who ends his affliction as a hopeless hoper and turns to an actor!

But, fact is that many of those who have declared The End never left - venting is enough for most. Thus the comments, "justified" by statistics. And then, I saw the game record, a few hours after the post - it's a proof to all the ironic replies which he received - hopeless :(

Enjoy the holidays!

• Frankp1157
    635 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 5:23 AM

"Quitting is a permanent solution to a temporary problem"

Lou Holtz

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2015 6:16 AM

" I've seen it all too many times before happen to so many people. Is it too hard to lighten up with the sharp, and sometimes mean comments to others posts? "

Pootick...what I have seen "all too many times before" is someone making a public post about quitting, only to return later that day or the next...just like the OP did. People come and people go, honestly, no one cares..but if a person feels the need to grandstand via a public forum?...they're gonna receive a few comments. 

Most of the responses are measured and appropriate. If an honest question is asked, numerous people provide good advice. If a guy has been on here for years, is still using starter equipment because he's too cheap or lazy to upgrade, then publically complains about the inconsistency of his shots? ..different issue entirely. 

Save your sympathy for those who genuinely deserve it...there are many out there.

RSS