9,567 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2015 6:57 PM

oh dear.....................

• MARKDMK
    231 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2015 7:15 PM

alosso:

Related:

I'm wondering which state or nation "Antarctica" is?

Citizens of Antarctica. 

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 2:11 AM

Changing the coordinates of the flags being posted will allow users to cover any flag they may not wish to be displayed.

*Here's one I did earlier

*© Blue Peter

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 7:14 AM

WigerToods2010:
    Changing the coordinates of the flags being posted will allow users to cover any flag they may not wish to be displayed.

I thought it best to add a flag and not to overlay any WGT flags in the forum as it might cause unwanted questions to WGT mods and CS like "How come so-and-so shows a different flag here than over there?"

@oneeyedjohn:  try changing the coordinates to:  left: 115px; top: -48px;

That should move the flag far enough to the right for you

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 8:13 AM

USE WITH DISCRETION

Co-ordinates to overlay wgt flag -

<div style="position: relative; left: 0px; top: -50px;">

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 8:36 AM

Andy, the opacity attribute that you have in your code is not really needed. The values that can be applied to that attribute range from 0.0 (transparent), through to 1.0 (opaque). So if you have the maximum value applied (1.0), then you need not have the opacity attribute there at all, and if you have the minimum value applied (0.0), then the element (the flag in this case) becomes invisible and serves no purpose.

The other thing I noticed is that you have both width and height values applied to your image. You may have done this deliberately, but it's only necessary to apply one dimension to an image, unless you wish to distort the aspect ratio, in which case you need both. By applying only one dimension, the browser will automatically calculate the other dimension to maintain the aspect ratio of the original image.  : )

If we carry on with this, the Big Bang Theory team might call us in to star in an episode of Sheldon's, "Fun with Flags.", lol.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 11:04 AM

Thanks Scott. Yep, the height and width were intentional for my AZ flag

Probably time to get back on topic supporting a French avatar.

• neibaf
    202 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2015 3:41 PM

Thanks andy to have emerged one of the different ideas that I had already proposed there a very long time ...... thank you for francois initiative to revive this request and thank you to all the international players than you are for the support you we bring ...

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2015 12:49 AM

andyson:
    "How come so-and-so shows a different flag here than over there?"

Basically why I posted the example on the forums 3 months ago. The hope being they (WGT) would indeed ask that very question and just release the flags that, as you are fully aware of, are already stored on their very own servers.

Change only ever comes about when folk take the initiative, Andy. You know that only too well, my man...  'hoops/jumping' etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RSS