Forums

Help › Forums

Out of mulch?

Mon, May 24 2010 2:39 PM (32 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2009 8:27 AM

Paul, no it was front right #7...I'm heading back out and will share what I discover about the back , right mulch on #7.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2009 9:08 AM

Ok Paul, I went to the mulch in the back right of Kiawah #7, and got out in one shot with the PUNCH HYBRID at 60% power. I then saved the replay and it is replay #10 on my wall. As they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words"

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2009 11:59 AM

SP-First you're in the weeds with a good bag of the same and now you're mulch inspecting? LMAO-you sound like a good time! Where do I sign up?

YJ

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2009 2:30 PM

Darn! Busted! Nobody does mulch like Kiawah. I find a good thing, I stay with it.

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2009 1:26 AM

Thanks SweetiePie - i'm sure i tried that combination - i will remember that if i ever end up there again - although why you can't chip or pitch from mulch is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. It's not as if you would ever consider smacking a hybrid 50 yards back through the green if you were there in reality - after all this game is supposed to be the "most realistic golf game."

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2009 2:48 AM

My sentiment is the same as paulmcm here, imagine punching a hybrid in this situation where you're only less than 15y from the hole ! that's ridiculous ! Anyway even if you punch the hybrid in this situation you'll advance the ball at least 50 yards which completely defeat the purpose here as you'll find yourself in heavy rough at the back of the green !

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2009 6:39 AM

I likewise fully agree with both of you. I have only been in the mulch twice in actual play. One because of deviation, the other by a sneaky fast swing meter. My first trip produced a 10, my second produced a bogey. The hybrid punch produced the bogey. I am convinced that there is a much more effective technique available than the one I have offered. The one I have offered does only one thing. It gets you out. I intend to fiddle around with this mulch shot with a desire to improve upon what I've offered here as a solution. I will report back my findings.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2009 10:55 PM

SP, I don't believe there is 1 shot that works well there. Believe me I have tried just about everything also. It's all pure luck. Miss click's work the best in these situations.  I have tried punch shot's with full topspin. Use the driver, it will get you a couple of feet max. Might be just enough. You need to pick the ball off the top of the mulch, that's why the driver works well. The large surface keeps the club from digging in behind the ball. A 1/4 to 1/2 swing is plenty I believe. Give it a shot and let me know how it work's.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2009 11:16 PM

Just to add a little humor, 100% guaranteed solution is to not go in the mulch to begin with.  Hope that helps.  :)

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 5:49 AM

What salamii said

:)

RSS