Forums

Help › Forums

Blog Posts & Wallposts missing

Fri, Feb 18 2011 7:50 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Lina1979
    122 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 11:09 AM

Noticed today that my blog posts and wallposts are missing ( except for 1 new one ) ; I hope this is a mistake and can be resolved ..... ^_^

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 3:35 PM

Sorry to hear of your problem, Lina.

I saw another post about this earlier (before I visited my own profile page)... I've had an ongoing "problem" with my I.E. browser that I normally use to view my profile and post to the forums - I have to refresh my page so as to see the "updated version" of it every time I visit it from a shortcut I have on my desktop.

Before I clicked the refresh this time, I saved the page so as not to lose everything. (File>Save As>Webpage,complete)

This saved my pics of my blogged scorecards, "Wall Messages" and other stuff that was still shown on that "un-refreshed" first page of my profile...

... but something I noticed later was all but the latest three of my "Personal Messages" were also deleted! Lost alot of info that I hadn't thought of "backing-up". Not too happy bout that.  :(

And I'll bet others lost alot, as well...   :/

Maybe there's a "Google-like cache" of them somewhere?

Regardless of the TOS, WGT... it WOULD'VE been nice to be forewarned about this.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 5:08 PM

PugsAce:
    Maybe there's a "Google-like cache" of them somewhere?

Do you mean like this?

Won't work for here, due to the nature of logging in, etc. but it's there if you are ever in desperate need to look back in to your past!

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 5:38 PM

I lost my Ryder cup certificate  and 2 or 3really nice ones

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 5:42 PM

I lost a lot of memorable moments for me as well as some useful links.... a little peeved at that!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 5:44 PM

This was an unexpected result. We are trying to rectify it, if it's at all possible

Sowwy!

-wgticon

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 7:54 AM

Thanks Icon and the rest of the WGT clan for returning our stuff!

Also noticed that alternate shot games are being reported in my (truncated) Activity section now, although I'm only seeing my "wins".  (lol... thx for THAT!)

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 8:33 AM

TYVM everyone involved!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 9:46 AM

This is fixed now, let us know if you see anything else weird

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 9:51 AM

My friend mnshiner had the game freeze up during an unlimited play club tournament. He then went to play it again, but it said he wasn't allowed to. It's in our club forum.

Doodles

• PAGES
RSS