Forums

Help › Forums

PLZ EXPLAIN!!!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 5 2011 8:59 AM (9 replies)
  • ballflight
    199 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 4:59 PM

how can some1 run dwn a 90sec shot clock 3 times during a match play challange game and not get a 1 shot penalty...   wtf

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 8:16 PM

did the timer run out, or did they let it run till the last second and then hit?

• menacecat
    6 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 8:44 PM

why is it that i have down loaded the new flash player 10 and now i carnt play cause my computer is so phuking slow no 1 waits for me its starting to piss me off ive spent 40 buks on it now and i think its not very fair plz help

• ballflight
    199 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2011 1:02 PM

timer ran out 3 times that wanker did it and no shot penalty and 2 top things of it was the last hole and i was 1 up so i waited 5 mins and then it said that i didnt return in time and lost my credits wen the hole time i was waiting 4 that *** to come bak... *** U WGT U OWE ME 400 CREDITS...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2011 2:06 PM

bf-I think you were caught in a weird situation. If you saw the timer time out 3 times that would mean you were waiting in the game, not the start window. Basically the game was stuck on your end. The giveaway was not seeing a penalty shot for the other guy. The first time it times out and there was no warning you should X out of the game and go back to the start window.

The same thing happened to me and 1/2 way through the second timer I realized something fishy was up. I Xed out of the game and sure enough back in the start window everybody was waiting for me. They had seen me as disconnected but that timer kept going. LOL-I didn't know I was disconnected.

Usually, when odd stuff starts happening I find it helpful to X out and restart. It is a pain but better than losing the game. I realize this doesn't get you your $4 back but I can see why it happened. Sorry bud.

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 8:00 AM

YankeeJim:
    you should X out of the game

What do you mean by 'X out'?

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 8:09 AM

Close the game screen by clicking the X in upper right hand corner. Log back in and it will take you to opening game screen and click "continue" and it will take you to player lobby. Usually only takes a minute or less.

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 8:20 AM

If it is only a practice game (as alt shot is, for example), if you are disconnected that is it - there's no option to continue.

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 8:56 AM

YankeeJim:

bf-I think you were caught in a weird situation. If you saw the timer time out 3 times that would mean you were waiting in the game, not the start window. Basically the game was stuck on your end. The giveaway was not seeing a penalty shot for the other guy. The first time it times out and there was no warning you should X out of the game and go back to the start window.

The same thing happened to me and 1/2 way through the second timer I realized something fishy was up. I Xed out of the game and sure enough back in the start window everybody was waiting for me. They had seen me as disconnected but that timer kept going. LOL-I didn't know I was disconnected.

Usually, when odd stuff starts happening I find it helpful to X out and restart. It is a pain but better than losing the game. I realize this doesn't get you your $4 back but I can see why it happened. Sorry bud.

All,

one way to test this out (meaning if the problem is you or them)..is to switch camera views, to maybe a fairway or a green camera position.  If you won't load a new camera spot, then you are the problem.  In my weeks living off of poor internet connections at various hotels...this is the fastest way I've found to figure it out.  Once you know that you are the issue, you can close out and restart.  Another way is to disconnect and then reconnect your net connection quickly (bottom right hand of your screen).  Sometimes this enables you to fix the problem without having to close out.  Just some suggestions from an "expert" in weak connections.

Good Golfing

-Long

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 8:59 AM

I beg to differ, Mio. AS games are scored, not practice,  and you will always come back to the start window until you forfeit or they do.

RSS