Help › Forums

CC Passes

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 16 2024 3:18 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BornTalent
    30 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 6:31 AM

I noticed that if I have more than 1 pass, i do not get the free daily pass.  Is this supposed to happen?

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 11:07 AM

Yes, you will only receive a free pass if you do not already have passes. 

_CHAMPION

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2015 3:47 AM

To be precise, the countdown for the next pass will only start to run when
    the pass count is zero. This happens when a player clicks on "Use (the last) Pass".

Thus, any passes bought, gifted or won will effectively exclude or postpone the use of free passes. That's not a big thing day-to-day, when the wait is 12 hours = half a day, but it will severely affect the game during a Clash. Then, the waiting time is equal to the Clash time, 4 hours each, making it difficult to use a free pass in the next round after a paid one. Those eager to support their CC will most likely buy more passes - success for the company!

In both cases, the benefit of a paid pass for CCs and their members is insignificant IMHO. Therefore, my advice is:

Don't buy CC passes. Never ever!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2015 5:07 AM

alosso:
    Don't buy CC passes. Never ever!

I bought one by mistake the other day!!

I felt so bad I nearly went to a priest to confess.

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2015 5:49 AM

Since you appear as religious, a sleeve for me would be proper indulgence!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2015 6:10 AM

alosso:

Since you appear as religious, a sleeve for me would be proper indulgence!

Nah, brought up catholic, now a confirmed atheist.

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2015 4:20 PM

Rethink - you can only play in a Clash with a pass. A round without a pass ain't a Clash round. Other than that, a free pass and a 37 cr pass give the same (basic) points. The advantage of double points is in the Super Passes, gratis.

=> No benefit in the paid pass, I'm afraid.

But, once you play a paid pass, the clock resets to four hours. If you used a free pass before, this probably means that you are late in the Clash, and the next free pass will be available late in the next Clash. To "help" your CC, you will perhaps buy another pass, pling-pling in the cashier.

pdb1:
    The significance is the higher accumulation of maximized points  .in the CLASH

Even if you were correct with the higher accumulation, what would be the benefit?
    A higher position on the leaderboard?

I really see no benefit from any position in a Clash Event - there are simply no prizes justifying the expenditure, and it's enough to pay for balls.

Of course, if someone puts ambition into the pass buying rat race, he is heartily invited to waste his credits!

And outside the Clash, we gain the most XPs, starting from 900+ for a single hole, with one(!) pass per day which can easily be a free pass. Then we have a second chance with the second free pass, about 460 XPs for an 18 hole tournament. Will a paid pass really justify 37 for another max of 460 XP(?), given that it will probably postpone the next chance of a free pass?

And what does an average CC get from it? Most of these benefits aren't really valuable, and from level 7 most CCs don't need them any more.

• PAGES
RSS