Forums

Help › Forums

Wedges hitting

Mon, Jan 24 2011 5:53 AM (7 replies)
  • mnkracker
    18 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2011 10:53 AM

I am really confused over what is going on with my chiping, pitching, etc....My last hole I was 16 yards away and the system gave me a rec. PW club that would hit at max 16 yards. The wind was 6 miles an hr and was blowing a little off center from behind me. When I went to hit the ball, I hit the max on the meter and the perfect bold line, the ball only travled about 6 yards....Anyone have a clue What is going on?

thx,

mn

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2011 10:58 AM

Chip and pitch tips.

-------------------------->>>>>>>>>

Basically, never use a PW inside of 90 yards.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2011 12:33 PM

mnkracker:

I am really confused over what is going on with my chiping, pitching, etc....My last hole I was 16 yards away and the system gave me a rec. PW club that would hit at max 16 yards. The wind was 6 miles an hr and was blowing a little off center from behind me. When I went to hit the ball, I hit the max on the meter and the perfect bold line, the ball only travled about 6 yards....Anyone have a clue What is going on?

Sounds like you were chipping.  That's bad.  Don't do it again!

Pitch instead.  ;)

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2011 12:43 PM

Between 10 and 30 yards I favour the flop.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2011 1:35 PM

For me and I know others might argue, I have chip within 1 foot of the green. Pitch further than one yard and flop only when the lie does not favor either above. Some say that the chip is not accurate but I believe that is based on practice, I can chip into less than a few inches if not in the hole most of the time.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2011 1:53 PM

You're right, Sarge, but there's a fun factor in pitching when you can pitch over a hump and deal with a less severe run at the hole. Pitch and chips are basically the same at the end but the first half will make life miserable if you have to deal with some absurd hill side or something.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2011 2:05 PM

YankeeJim:

You're right, Sarge, but there's a fun factor in pitching when you can pitch over a hump and deal with a less severe run at the hole. Pitch and chips are basically the same at the end but the first half will make life miserable if you have to deal with some absurd hill side or something.

Exactly YJ, the pitch is really a 50/50 rule shot. 50% air and 50% ground. I agree the read of the green is very important when choosing which one to use. The chip is 25/75 so choose wisely. The pitch will run further than the chip as well.

• enjaume
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2011 5:53 AM

if ball bounces in fairway, can be stopped there. It si basic to find out where will baounce at first before shooting

RSS