Help › Forums

WGT course notebook?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 27 2015 4:54 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CurtissAngell
    1,213 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2015 6:38 PM

Okay, I'm a geek. I've been making my own course books on MSExel and MSWord using screen grabs from the tee zoom views, the hole layout, and the different pin placements. It's starting to eat into my playing time lolololololol

The proshop is no help with their preview...so here goes.

QUESTIONS: Do the WGT notebooks include photos of the courses?

Do they provide the yardages from the tee to the bunkers etc?

If they do....here's my $5 :)

Thanks in advance!

Curt

• PhiEaglesFan
    617 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2015 9:19 AM

I'd be interested to know this as well, because it seems like a spreadsheet is just as good as paying $5 for a notebook.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2015 9:39 AM

I don't have one but I'm guessing you'd be better keeping your five bucks....

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2015 9:48 AM

CurtissAngell:
    Do the WGT notebooks include photos of the courses?

No

CurtissAngell:

No

• CurtissAngell
    1,213 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2015 10:29 AM

ISH47:

CurtissAngell:
    Do the WGT notebooks include photos of the courses?

No

CurtissAngell:

No

Thanks! 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2015 10:40 AM

CurtissAngell:
    I've been making my own course books on MSExel and MSWord using screen grabs from the tee zoom views, the hole layout, and the different pin placements. It's starting to eat into my playing time lolololololol

As you can see, the notebook is empty - you'd have to fill it with your own observations.

Furthermore and according to players' reports, read and write are limited to certain games and situations - you might have no access when you want it.

Last, there have been multiple reports of faults.

Now you know why I don't own or use WGT's notebook ;)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2015 2:47 PM

Two problems I find with the notebook...

1.  it doesn't always open to the hole that you are currently playing. 

2.  the best of courses don't carry over to/from the hole on the course the hole came from and vice versa.  So you'd need to enter notes for the hole in both places of the notebook.

I would like if it wasn't course/hole by hole driven but more so a club yardage book.

With a page for each club for notes so no matter which hole I was playing I could check my yardage book for the shot I'm facing.

• CurtissAngell
    1,213 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2015 6:12 PM

As primarily a mobile app user, the yardages aren't present on that platform, so the screen grab from the tee is very beneficial to me. I don't need the yardages on the pc, which is one of the features I love about it. However, I do refer to my notes about roll ups, roll offs, and water threats; when I play either on the mobile or the pc.

I recently started using one note to create faster course books. I wish I could post a pic of one that I created lolol.

I know I'm a dork and I am addicted to WGT :P

Hope you score a ton of birds,

Curt

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 2:57 AM

hpurey:

2.  the best of courses don't carry over to/from the hole on the course the hole came from and vice versa.  So you'd need to enter notes for the hole in both places of the notebook.

I would like if it wasn't course/hole by hole driven but more so a club yardage book.

With a page for each club for notes so no matter which hole I was playing I could check my yardage book for the shot I'm facing.

this is a great idea for a second course notebook, i would carry both

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2015 2:33 AM

turfsand:

hpurey:

this is a great idea for a second course notebook, i would carry both

bump

• PAGES
RSS