Help › Forums

Is there a way to?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 22 2011 3:08 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2011 12:11 PM

By any chance is there a way to change what ball to use after a given hole. For example use a certain ball on one hole and change when ready to tee off for the next one.

Thanks.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2011 12:16 PM

No, against the rules of golf.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2011 1:33 PM

The why is it when using balls other than the unlimited variety does the game take it out of play and goes in your bag and gets another one.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2011 1:37 PM

It is a video game, not all rules can translate directly to the game, but they do the best that they can.  Reverting from an upgraded ball to a free one is not going to benefit your round in any way so it is a feasible solution.

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2011 2:04 PM

I disagree.

If they are able to incorporate the rule of one ball per round/per hole, they should also incorporate a script to keep on using the original ball for said round/hole, and make it expire once this is over (otherwise they're forcing us to break the rule they enforced, right?)

I don't see why they don't do it, doing so doesn't gain them any more revenue...

Having said that, they don't exactly hide from you how many balls you have left, or how long each will last, and if people don't want the ball to change, they should either buy more, or switch it themselves before the game starts

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2011 2:16 PM

The point I am trying to make is if the game decides the ball I am using is worn out so to speak why shouldn't I be able to decide which ball to use to replace it.

I watch the little hts meter and can tell when the ball is weakening as my game progresses.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2011 2:20 PM

mnshiner:

The point I am trying to make is if the game decides the ball I am using is worn out so to speak why shouldn't I be able to decide which ball to use to replace it.

I watch the little hts meter and can tell when the ball is weakening as my game progresses.

You could argue that you should be able to switch to another color of the same model ball.  But to be able to use a distance ball on par 5s, and a spin ball on par 3s etc directly goes against the rules of golf.

Changing from an upgraded ball to a free one w/ no increased attributes cannot be exploited to the players advantage.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 12:46 PM

OK! I finished playing a round last night with an upgraded worn out ball . Today without changing to another ball it gave me the same one I just finished with. So I either have to quit my game or keep playing until the game takes the ball out of play.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 1:06 PM

Balls don't deteriorate. They give the same performance until they are gone.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 2:44 PM

Then why does the distance start decreasing as the little hts meter starts going backwards if the balls don't lose some of their strengh. And don't say its the difference in the wind direction because I have been paying very close attention to that.

• PAGES
RSS