Forums

Help › Forums

oh flower of scotland

Sun, Jan 23 2011 1:48 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sparra11
    24 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2011 7:31 AM

maybe this is a better page to post this question on.im from scotland,we have our own government,own national anthem etc.so why when im playing this game  can i not play under my own flag!!!!!!!.colin montgomerie plays for scotland,not the uk.freeeeeeeeeedom as a certain australian once said.

• craigswan
    30,991 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2011 11:14 AM

Our national anthem is tuneless ,

Our government is crap

and colin montgomerie captained great britain and europe in the ryder cup .

• sparra11
    24 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 2:02 AM

craigswan:

Our national anthem is tuneless ,

Our government is crap

and colin montgomerie captained great britain and europe in the ryder cup .

i was wanting replies from true scots ,not some namby pamby bone picker

• sparra11
    24 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 2:07 AM

and dont include me in your "our" statement.off u trot and kiss some english ass

• RobNE
    74 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 10:46 AM

... perhaps that attitude is exactly why you don't get your own flag.

• craigswan
    30,991 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 10:57 AM

Let me guess - we would survive on our oil reserves, sell our whiskey and export bottles of water .

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 11:19 AM

or why there is such a thing as my job.

I find it awful sad that one person cannot get along with another based upon feelings alone,which escalates to the point where we have no option but to slug it out with the sole intent of taking life from one another.When at first I joined,I was full of hope that by doing so,somehow,I could make the world a better place.That was then.Now,I just sigh and wonder whether my small contribution has achieved anything at all.

I have been side by side with flags of many nations,and trust me here,when the dust begins to spurt up and men and women start to cry out as wounds appear as from nowhere,when you see a persons eyes haze and crack like a frozen lake,and you look into them seeing yourself as if looking over the rim of an empty bottomless well,you care not for which what or whos' flag they bear that burden for.You hold them and you hope for them,sometimes you are their mother,or their father,sometimes their priest,but always a sibling,human and there when they have nothing else at all in the world but you.

To return to my home and find that the Great has been squandered from Britain,the United sundered from Kingdom,just makes me want to weep,for whilst away,that was sometimes all I had,the thought of a peaceful,happy homeland.I am sorry there are people who do not like the Union Flag,I am sorry I went away to defend it on their behalf,when really,they couldnt have cared less.Perhaps now,I too,will care less.

Lizzie

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 2:27 PM

Plenty more ants in the anthill, it ain't like we're getting anywhere anyway....

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 2:58 PM

Don't give in Lizzie.There are many people of peace and hope left on this space ship we live on. We don't make much noise but we will endure.

• sparra11
    24 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2011 1:09 AM

so why is england so keen to keep us in the fold?

• PAGES
RSS