Forums

Help › Forums

What is going on I want to know?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 31 2011 9:51 PM (4 replies)
  • DoctorDos
    9 Posts
    Thu, Jan 20 2011 9:18 PM

First, the meter. Is it the lack of bandwidth and cheap computers this company uses for this game or is it my comp? Why can't I just play one round of burp free golf? I know if it happens to everyone it should happen to me, but why does it happen at all?

I understand WGT allows you to sell your clubs back at 1/5 what you paid or so I heard and I assume that's because we all have the chance to rent the things before we buy them, well how about offering to give 3/4 of the credits back if they buy another club of equal or increased value? Personally I don't care about 20 dollars spent on clubs, I spend that in the bar every friday (cheap date), but I do care when my money i throw away to people who put it in their pockets instead of into their meter fixing, like more bandwidth.

I am so angry at the state of affairs every time I start to play that it is not fun anymore its become a chore. I end up taking practice swings for almost 60 of the 90 seconds. So somebody in the position of owner or in charge of this quickly becoming a pain in the *** game, please tell me what your gonna do, or why you can't do anything so I can get a civil suit going to get my club money back and then maybe a class action suit for everyone else.

Thanks for your time responding, I know time is money, specially for you, and I have spent to much of my money writing this, but as a new player since Dec last year, I'm getting fed up with it.

Cheers!

• Corseford
    7 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2011 4:24 AM

Meter problems must be bandwidth. I very rarely get the problem (maybe once in 50 shots) and I put this down to having very high bandwidth (50Mb)

• Strokinitin
    4 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2011 6:30 AM

I can not say exactly what the meter problem is...I use to run an emachine with stock graphics. Had serious meter shudder almost to the point of quiting this game. I then bought a new comp and am running an ATI graphics card. I haven't had any meter shudder in months. I take it that the problem was on my end.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2011 6:10 PM

I only have 12 Mbps and I don't have any meter problems. Check-out "System Requirements" under "Getting Started" to the right. -------------------------->

• palupear
    50 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2011 9:51 PM

If you've got a burp free internet connection and a decent machine, you are in like Flint. I thought it was my laptop (1 yr old, souped up for gaming) until I took it on a trip to my see my brother in Philadelphia and tapped into his home wireless. No meter jumps for three games in a row.  I did some work in Doha, Qatar last year. Nothing to do at night during Ramadan so I played a few games in my hotel room.  No glitches and had my lowest ever scores.  Since I've been back to Brooklyn, I can't hit the side of a barn with a scoop shovel. If, like me, you are dependent on our local Time Warner outlet for cable, your life will not be without a dozen or two meter stutters and maybe a "limited access" disconnect each game you play during normal hours.  Lost 3 balls today on meter clangs. $1.89 down the drain. Time Warner should get a cut of the WGT ball concession!  Its kind of liberating to be frustrated to the point of not caring anymore and hitting a bunch of the free white ones into the water on purpose. Nice splash effects.  And you see views of your avatar's swings that you never see when aiming in the right direction. Its the little things...

RSS