Help › Forums

I'm afraid--------

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 10 2015 5:10 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 2:51 PM

I'm afraid to look at another players profile while playing a round for fear of a disconnect......

I'm afraid to use zoom while playing in a game for fear of a disconnect.....

I'm afraid to look at the score card while playing in a game for fear of a disconnect...

I'm afraid to use global settings to clear cache etc while playing in a game for fear of a disconnect...

I'm afraid to switch camera angles playing in a game for fear of a disconnect...

All of these actions i mention have caused disconnects for me and most all other players while playing a round,,no matter what browsers we are using,,this has to be on WGT's end but it appears they have no interest in fixing the game,,,if this continues i'm afraid i'll just toss  my clubs in the drink and call it quits,,what was once a very pleasurable game to play has become a nightmare trying to finish any kind of round without any glitches and or disconnects!!!!!!!!

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 4:03 PM

+1

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 4:15 PM

wgts game is so messed up >>>>> and bummer is  they don't CARE

• StrayedFairway
    379 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 4:37 PM

+2 WGT was more stable when I left (for a breather) a few years ago than now.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 6:00 PM

Yep. I agree with all your disconnection woes. Kinda sucks....but golf is a game of patience and adaptation, as is WGT.  Just try to see it as part of the game (until it is fixed). A disconnection never hurt anyone. Show some patience and adapt to what is GIVEN you. If you find, as it seems you have, that the game will disconnect if certain tasks are performed then, don't perform those tasks.  i.e. "Doctor, it hurts when i do this!"  "Well then...don't do that".  

This game is GIVEN to us all and is F R E E.  Relax and be patient while the bugs are worked out.  

And for the predictable rebuttal of, 'this is NOT a free game' I say, yes, it is. Y'all just choose to pay. And I am glad you do....keeps this most unique game up and running.  Thank You!

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 6:25 PM

dchallenger:

Yep. I agree with all your disconnection woes. Kinda sucks....but golf is a game of patience and adaptation, as is WGT.  Just try to see it as part of the game (until it is fixed). A disconnection never hurt anyone. Show some patience and adapt to what is GIVEN you. If you find, as it seems you have, that the game will disconnect if certain tasks are performed then, don't perform those tasks.  i.e. "Doctor, it hurts when i do this!"  "Well then...don't do that".  

This game is GIVEN to us all and is F R E E.  Relax and be patient while the bugs are worked out.  

And for the predictable rebuttal of, 'this is NOT a free game' I say, yes, it is. Y'all just choose to pay. And I am glad you do....keeps this most unique game up and running.  Thank You!

Not sure I entirely agree with your assessment....yes, the game is "free" as long as you have no real desire for advancement or genuine wish to be competitive....human nature generally isn't wired that way. To me it's analogous to a person working in a mail room...if they want to progress out of the mail room, they may have to pay for additional education or specific training, etc. To then say they "chose" to pay for upgrades when they could have easily stayed in the mail room is over simplifying, IMHO.

Additionally, WGT monitors these posts and is fully aware of the many complaints regarding disconnects and other glitches that ruin the gaming experience...("free" or not.)  It's been an issue for many months now, and endless patience expected from the players, while promises to address these issues never materialize, is also not human nature.

I do agree that, even when paying for better kit and balls, it remains a fairly inexpensive hobby ....but there doesn't seem to be a point to it from the players perspective, if continual disconnects and freezes routinely end the games after the 3rd hole.

ct

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 7:13 PM

Every time I have a disconnect, which isn't very often, I grsb my phone and try to connect to WGT. If I can I know it is some minor thing with my PC,router or ISP. In almist every case I can connect to WGT on my phone  so I know ut is on my end.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 8:36 PM

That's just silly Joe.  I usually keep the forums open in Firefox and play in Chrome.  When I get disconnected from a game I can go to FF and I'm still connected and the forum works fine.  Same computer, same ISP all works fine.

I think the disconnect problem lies in the 3rd party software WGT useS to set-up multiplayer games.  It's called Neutron 4.0 and I made a post on it earlier this year HERE.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 10:20 PM

andyson:

That's just silly Joe.  I usually keep the forums open in Firefox and play in Chrome.  When I get disconnected from a game I can go to FF and I'm still connected and the forum works fine.  Same computer, same ISP all works fine.

I think the disconnect problem lies in the 3rd party software WGT useS to set-up multiplayer games.  It's called Neutron 4.0 and I made a post on it earlier this year HERE.

I am sure that there are many reasons for disconnects, mine, yours, or theirs!  What caused it can at times be identified (didn't clear before a game) an electrical storm (very possible here in Florida).

Regardless, it is a great deterrent to continue to play with the threat of a 3rd disconnect in a round that takes you out of the play.

This last time was  tough on my ability to "Go along, It'll get better" attitude.  I was -4 on the 8th Green of St Andrews, with a 17 foot put for a birdie.  I had 3 other players who observed that it was going to be my 3rd disconnect.  I asked for someone to save me, no one did, 2 legends and a tour master ignored my request for help.  There fore I lost my -4 round.  A -4 round and still have 2 holes to play is a very rare occurrence in my world.  I struggle mighty to be under par on any course, easy or not!

I guess I must agree with the majority of those entries on the forums concerning the disconnect difficulties we are now experiencing are to many, to often.

Since I become a playing member this is the worst I have seen it.

As is to often the case WGT doesn't care or can not fix it.  Their only response is that it must be our equipment, connection, or to clean the caches.

Yankee jim's entry on a different thread was very compelling and was almost capable of being understood by myself and others with insufficient computer knowledge, and I thank him for the effort.

It is time to s--t or get the hell off of the pot WGT!

MY NICKLE.......

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2015 12:40 AM

DaveStrock:

I'm afraid to look at another players profile while playing a round for fear of a disconnect......

I'm afraid to use zoom while playing in a game for fear of a disconnect.....

I'm afraid to look at the score card while playing in a game for fear of a disconnect...

I'm afraid to use global settings to clear cache etc while playing in a game for fear of a disconnect...

I'm afraid to switch camera angles playing in a game for fear of a disconnect...

All of these actions i mention have caused disconnects for me and most all other players while playing a round,,no matter what browsers we are using,,this has to be on WGT's end but it appears they have no interest in fixing the game,,,if this continues i'm afraid i'll just toss  my clubs in the drink and call it quits,,what was once a very pleasurable game to play has become a nightmare trying to finish any kind of round without any glitches and or disconnects!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain.

I just play all multi play games as normal now.   Just hit and chat... concede, use the reverse view  Just the basics.   All those other things might result in a dconnect.

Game is quite ok when I do those things. 

I'm using Chrome with the latest release.

-Roger

• PAGES
RSS