Green slopes L&R putting RL

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 6 2015 11:31 AM (39 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 7:24 AM

JFidanza:

R-L

JF says, "Intentional off-ding putting (push)  The 'spin' can stall the ball near the hole if it misses"

LOL, what a misconceived idea!  I'll bet you a sleeve of Nikes, for the same putt, a dinged putt will stop near that hole too.  Off-ding had nothing to do with that putt stopping near the hole.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 9:54 AM

andyson:

Off-ding had nothing to do with that putt stopping near the hole.

It was off-ding, as clearly shown, and it did stop near the hole. The other off ding dropped in the hole. The end justifies the means they say. 

Not an idea, but a tested method that worked.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 10:23 AM

The dinged putt was awful though, this proves nothing about spin.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 10:33 AM

PaulTon:

The dinged putt was awful though, this proves nothing about spin.

+1

p.s.  Note I put 'spin' because I knew, even back then, that it wasn't spin. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 10:44 AM

JFidanza:
    Not an idea, but a tested method that worked.

So, you accept the bet?

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 10:51 AM

JFidanza:

andyson:

It was off-ding, as clearly shown, and it did stop near the hole.

So, you're saying that I'm lying, or I altered the video in some way?

That would also be incorrect.

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 10:52 AM

that might work on "fast" green speed, but you wont get away w/ it as much on tourney12s & especially on champ greens, off ding  is my usual style of putting ,either hit a bit early or late depending on what side of the hole the  break occurs, but my putting still needs a lot of work! i checked your putting stats  JF, hmmmm  all i can say is i would go back to the old drawing board   :))   ..

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 11:13 AM

1enigma1:

that might work on "fast" green speed, but you wont get away w/ it as much on tourney12s & especially on champ greens, off ding  is my usual style of putting ,either hit a bit early or late depending on what side of the hole the  break occurs, but my putting still needs a lot of work! i checked your putting stats  JF, hmmmm  all i can say is i would go back to the old drawing board   :))   ..

Stats can be destroyed leveling up, as you know, and a faster greenspeed just makes the method work even better, with a change of calculation as shown on my other video. 

A different, but related, off-ding style is suggested by BolloxinBruges says StoneColdKiller and off-ding putts are shown on Tekoma's famous videos. So if you want to look at everyone's stats then you can make a video telling me why your methods are better than BolloxinBruges, StoneColdKiller and Tekoma.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 11:41 AM

JFidanza:

Not saying that at all.  But one or two putts does not prove your idea.  Further, deeper, analysis of those putts is needed.   Will a dinged putt stop as well?   Will an off-dinged putt stop on the faster green?

JFidanza:
    A different, but related, off-ding style is suggested by BolloxinBruges says StoneColdKiller and off-ding putts are shown on Tekoma's famous videos. So if you want to look at everyone's stats then you can make a video telling me why your methods are better than BolloxinBruges, StoneColdKiller and Tekoma.

Nobody is saying off-ding putting style doesn't work.  The point in question is whether an off-ding putt's 'spin' will stall a ball by the hole on a severe slope?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 11:43 AM

JFidanza:

JFidanza:

andyson:

It was off-ding, as clearly shown, and it did stop near the hole.

That would also be incorrect.

Staying on the high side of the hole stopped the ball, not off dinging. You could get an identical result with a ding.

RSS