1,676 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2015 12:46 AM

+1 !

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2015 8:08 AM

Solarflares:

Reprinted here with kind permission.

From the original article which appeared in "Playboy" -magazine.

"Shag anyone you want , anytime - with just these simple putting-tips".

That's BS.  I realize its your attempt to be funny.  But the actual source you copied and pasted the info from is:

The Blueprint For Putting Game Consistency And Success.

From that same article:

"Its been scientifically proven that within about the first 20 percent of the roll of a golf ball, the friction from the green removes all side spin, top spin or back spin. In other words, no matter what you do to start a ball rolling on a green, in the end it will be rolling end over end.

Important Note: Do NOT try and put any spin on the ball when you're stroking your putts. You're wasting your time on something that does not matter!"

So you can't hook or slice a putt to produce side spin.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2015 10:19 AM

Solarflares:
    No Andyson - it was copied and adapted from somewhere else FWIW.

But still without a correct source, its plagarism.

Solarflares:
    Anyway , thanks for the "spin" heads-up - even though 20% isn't zero - like you first suggested.

That 20% accounts for the transition from skid to roll.  By the time the ball starts rolling sidespin is gone.

And you never answered my question on this thread:  " In theory, if the ball is spinning how does it counter act the break?  You didn't expain how, only that it helps."

Are you thinking, as YJ suggested, the ball will curve into the break as in billiards?

**Edit**

I see you added to your post....

Solarflares:
    Can we use it? I think yes -you think no. But specifically at the time - I was talking about overhit putts under 5ft on really difficult slopes. Steer-left , off-ding right.   Your head won't go there , I won't bother with you. Now take your grumpy-hat off.

Actually you were talking about "a moderate side-slope" as I quoted on this thread

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2015 12:35 PM

Solarflares:

think, act and fully believe that you can hole every putt 

I was watching a guy play the Golf Club on Twitch and he was saying "I'm gonna lip out, I'm gonna fail on this drive" etc. and I think he adversely affected his game.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 7:47 AM

Too long; didn't read. ^^^

RSS