Forums

Help › Forums

Simply Putting

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 27 2015 3:29 AM (46 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2015 9:22 AM

Newbie writes a manifesto on putting but isn't a great putter - gets flak from experienced player- has emotional breakdown.

Did I miss anything out?

Oh yeah this -

Solarflares:
    In fact , you're probably one of those that wait for the "gusts" of wind before taking your shot - thinking perhaps too that turning that slider down in settings actually reduces the wind-effect as the noise decreases.

Makes assumptions about people he doesn't know and then tries to shoehorn them into a scenario he has imagined himself.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2015 9:33 AM

Solarflares:

Why suggest that I should get together with anyone else - when it's obvious I'm so far up myself that there's no room for anyone else.

Are you as dumb as the others then andyson?  If you don't understand grid-squares then don't try and confuse the issue by mentioning 15ft.

You are full of yourself!

A normal person would welcome the chance to discuss it with someone with similar thoughts.

But you said you read all you could on putting, so you likely had seen JC's before coming up with "your own" method.

I see you were recently promoted to St. Andrews Legend, congrats!  Now its time for you to play Oakmont, Congressional, Pinehurst, and Merion.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2015 9:54 AM

Solarflares:
    Are you as dumb as the others then andyson? 

WHOOPS ! Did you say Andyson in a negative fashion ? It won't fly, especially coming from a 3 month old jonny-come-lately. It won't. Allow me to say that I appreciate, actually, envy your energy for the game and your vigor in pursuit of being really great at it...and I read your post, and enjoyed seeing the above comments of mine on display in your words. May I offer advice ? Be more careful in words. Oh, and if the posted picture is of you, you need barbering. The Weird Al Y look isn't even working for him anymore...or Howard Stearn either...it no longer works for anyone. I see, from time to time, rements of the Haight-Ashbury, hippie days folk, now, still rolling with it except with white hair in a pony-tail, tatoos, tire-tread sandals repleat with brutal toe-nail neglect (they need to wisely visit a ***-beauty shop for a cut-pedicure-BJ all for $20 scoots)....I mean, all these "stuck-in-the-sixties" folk are only good for rolling a perfect, machine made looking joint...one handed...Yes ?  

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2015 10:04 AM

SweetiePie:
    Oh, and if the posted picture is of you, you need barbering. The Weird Al Y look isn't even working for him anymore...or Howard Stearn either...it no longer works for anyone.

LMAO!  Those of us old enough to remember the '60 would think of Tiny Tim.

You could look it up.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2015 10:19 AM

Tiptoe through the fescue...

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2015 1:33 PM

Happy to help -

Solarflares:
    Say it with flowers

Solarflares:
    and for myself

That changes everything, I can't dislike a fellow Zappatista

• StrayedFairway
    379 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2015 4:23 PM

OT "Watermelons in the..."  always gives me goosebumps, top choice.

PaulTon:

RSS