Forums

Help › Forums

Is there a way to turn off that voice guy?

Wed, Apr 25 2018 10:26 PM (22 replies)
  • Drommens83
    178 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2015 1:10 AM

He's crazy. "That's a huge drive!" Can we turn him off???

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2015 8:58 AM

Hey Drommens83, You can discontinue the voice overs on your game by turning "Celebration Sounds" all the way down in your game settings under the Audio tab. 

_CHAMPION

• PTgolf904
    830 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2015 10:19 AM

That's not working anymore after update yesterday....

Please give us an option to turn him off, he's driving me crazy

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2015 10:24 AM

PTgolf904:

That's not working anymore after update yesterday....

Please give us an option to turn him off, he's driving me crazy

The option is there in this latest release.  Scroll down in the Audio tab.  See this thread.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2015 10:29 AM

If you go to the settings audio tab you can turn on and off the commentary specifically with a new option

• bertysmalls
    1,397 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2015 8:12 PM

or  simply  turn  your  volume  off  lol

• suidulum
    13 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 3:33 PM

what are you talking about there is no option for that.  the only way to get rid of that noise is to turn off your sound entirely.  I quit playing for about a year to see if maybe these idiots would turn that crap off, or at least let us turn it off.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2016 2:22 AM

suidulum:

what are you talking about there is no option for that.  the only way to get rid of that noise is to turn off your sound entirely.  I quit playing for about a year to see if maybe these idiots would turn that crap off, or at least let us turn it off.

?

Check again. In the gameclient:

- menu

- game settings

- in the top right corner press "audio setting"

- scroll down to "game commentary", just under the "celebration sounds" and set it to zero (left edge) ;-)

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 2:14 PM

WGTChampion:
     You can discontinue the voice overs on your game by turning "Celebration Sounds" all the way down in your game settings under the Audio tab. 

WRONG.

I have had that setting since it was an option. 

IF you hit the ding AND the ball travels 320 yards, a guy standing right behind your right ear shouts. 

"THAT'S A HUGE DRIVE."

The only thing I can think of is that it's misidentified in the code as an ambient sound.

There have been other threads about this, and I hope with every WGT update, it's gone. 

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 11:01 AM

Jeez!

I love that guy, even when he say's, "Never up never in." I bet lots of other players like him saying stuff too.

RSS