Forums

Help › Forums

Is there a way to turn off that voice guy?

Wed, Apr 25 2018 10:26 PM (22 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 6:40 PM

It worse on mobile. Hit an approach shot that is close but not in the hole gets "never up never in". And any drive 320 or over gets the "that's s huge drive" even if you miss the ding.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2016 10:29 AM

This thread is in the garden spot

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2016 1:02 PM

JimbeauC:

WGTChampion:
     You can discontinue the voice overs on your game by turning "Celebration Sounds" all the way down in your game settings under the Audio tab. 

WRONG.

I have had that setting since it was an option. 

IF you hit the ding AND the ball travels 320 yards, a guy standing right behind your right ear shouts. 

"THAT'S A HUGE DRIVE."

The only thing I can think of is that it's misidentified in the code as an ambient sound.

There have been other threads about this, and I hope with every WGT update, it's gone. 

Any issues with reading comprehension? I wrote in a post just above yours on page 1, it's not the bleedin' celebration sounds, you need to scroll to just 1 tab BELOW that, called "game commentary" and turn that to minimum. You won't hear a peep out of that guy again. Just read the whole thread before you post next time ;-)

• twinneck
    151 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2016 1:32 PM

No....

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2016 3:37 PM

mkrizan86:
    Just read the whole thread before you post next time ;-)

Okay, let's take a look at your thought processes and your reading comprehension. 

We're complaining about ONE and only ONE commentary, not commentaries in general. Might that get you to think that what appears below might be true?

JimbeauC:
    There have been other threads about this

Might that have given you some clue that it really is a problem? How about a little search of the forums?

JimbeauC:
    IF you hit the ding AND the ball travels 320 yards

Looks like you've never done both on the same drive. 

-------------------------

Maybe I'll read more carefully, and maybe you'll think more carefully. 

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2016 9:57 AM

JimbeauC:
    Looks like you've never done both on the same drive. 

I have, I just have the whole gameclient on mute, so I've never heard it. I did a test on 2 holes, before I posted, sadly I had head wind on both.

I never thought anyone would be stupid enough, to think you could only turn off a specific comment, but I never knew there was this very specific bug. That's why I never realised people were talking solely about this situation. Cause WGTChamp certainly wasn't ;-)

Apologies for jumping on your post. I did put a smiley in the end though ;-)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2016 10:41 AM

mkrizan86:
    I did put a smiley in the end though

Ah, the Nuremberg defence*. 

We're just not buying it Jure.

* Sorry terrible bad taste but it made me laugh so I had to share.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2017 8:47 AM

I finally played in some higher winds today. The first time, I wasn't absolutely sure that I dinged. +320 and no comment. Kept playing. Did it again. 

Looks like he's finally gone. 

Yay.

• Hckj
    1 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2017 6:21 AM

Never up, never In!    Hear it 2, sometimes 3 times, on some holes.  Over used.   need something new like: Duh, you left if short!

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2017 4:50 AM

But some are so great to hear! "Get in the hole!"   "Be right!" They just make me jump because they are never expected.

RSS