News in America...And the contorted image it presents

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 8 2011 3:02 PM (64 replies)
  • stencil
    455 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2011 3:13 PM

CharlemagneRH:

You are also absurd.

I refrained from throwing attacks at you to keep this conversation reasonable and not start a hatefest. But you are not so I am done not arguing anymore. I don't know if you start your namecalling when you are backed in a corner and have more on the opponents side than you. But for whatever reason it is I am done with you. You were reasonable for the first 3 post but then jumped off the ship.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2011 3:20 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    It also isn't a course of action that can be reconciled with the teachings of Jesus, which most of the country claims to worship, though you would never know it, seeing as how they basically ignore everything that he ever said.

Charle appears you have only read certain portions of the teachings and/or life of Jesus the man.

I would encourage you you to read about Jesus the God. (Hint its in the same book) Jesus the God will be leading an army to a war that will make all other wars seem like "friendly fire"

Thats the Jesus that I worship. 

As far as the rest of your post I could care less. By the way its going to get worse............... MUCH WORSE.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2011 3:20 PM

stencil:
    That is completely wrong. Did you see the terrorist attacks in Spain and Europe a couple months ago from the Taliban and affiliated groups? Yea that's what i call killing innocent humans. And have you heard the 2012 olympics in London is in fear of terrorist attacks from those same groups? Yeah and America is the terrorist? completely wrong.

well that is an interesting take, you are speaking of small terrorist attacks, and the mafia in this country has committed larger terrorist attacks than what you speak. Tim mcvey committed terror in a larger form. Of course you think that for those small attacks, we should take a country's electrical power away for over 5 years, take clean water away for 5 years, because we did not like saddam, WHO HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY TERROR ATTACK. We have destroyed Iraq, the people, the intrastructure because someone here decided that the oil wells looked pretty good. Before we started our terror attacks, al quida was a small organization, AND NOW WE HAVE MADE THEM SOMEONE WHO HAS BANKRUPTED US. Fool, keep going like we are going, and you will be standing on a corner looking for a piece of bread

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2011 3:21 PM

IM not always proud of the way we conduct foreign policy, or the way we conduct wars.

IM not happy with our (Governments)need to create conflict to keep our military suppliers fat and sassy.

Even more I hate mamby pamby P.C. politics that might offend someone.

I hate the fact we cant profile obvious security risks when in fact it compromises are ability to protect our citizens.

I hate the way Muslims treat there women and children.

I hate American's that want to applogize for everything we have done in the past. We must learn from those mistakes yes, but move on.

And I really hate the way our news covers the world with there opinions.

I loved Walter Cronkite who tried just to report the facts.

These our my opinions, if you want to slam them fire away. It is about freedom of speech and all the great things our Constitution represents.

I really hate politicians that try to remove our freedom of choice, thinking there ideas are superior.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2011 4:01 PM

danohi50:
    These our my opinions, if you want to slam them fire away. It is about freedom of speech and all the great things our Constitution represents

THE BALANCE SHEET OF 911

GAS PRICE 2001 WAS $1.52 a GALLON, TODAY $3.00 GOING BACK TO $4.00

NATIONAL DEBT 2001 WAS 4 TRILLON, TODAY 14 TRILLION

DEFECEIT WAS ++++ IN 2001, TODAY 1.4 TRILLION

USA WAS A POWERFUL ECONOMIC POWER IN 2001. AND TODAY WE COUL D HAVE AS MANY AS 20% OF PEOPLE LOOKING FOR A JOB, LIVING OFF OF UNEMPLOYMENT COMP, AND FOOD STAMPS

2001 THE FORCLOSEURE RATE WAS MINIMAL, 2011 WE HAVE OVER 20% FORCLOSURE RATE, AND OVER 70% OF THE EXISTING HOMES THAT ARE FINANCED ARE IN A NEGATIVE CONDTION

NATIONAL GUARD WAS LIVING WITH THE FAMILY IN 2001, TODAY LIVING ON FOREIGN SOIL

WE WERE KILLING NO ONE IN 2001, NOW WE HAVE THE BLOOD OF THE IRAQ’S AND THE AFGHANS, OF WHICH SOME SCOURCE SAY OVER 1 TRILLION DEAD AND WOUNDED

IRAQ WAS A WHOLE COUNTRY IN 2001, TODAY KILLING EACH OTHER, LIVING WITHOUT ELECTRICAL AND CLEAN WATER, AND OF COURSE LOOSING THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

AFGHANS NEVER HAD A WHOLE COUNTRY IN 1000 OF YEARS, BUT IN 2011 THEY ARE SPLIT AND POWERLESS.

I CAN GO ON, BUT WILL NOT

SO FOR ALL THAT WE HAVE DEFEATED TERRORISM, WELL MAYBE NOT

IN 2001 EL QUIDA WAS A MINIMAL ORGANIZATION, WITH OFFICES IN AFGHANASTAN. TODAY THEY ARE ALL OVER THE WORLD. YES, WE GOT THEM OUT OF AFGHANASTAN, AN WE HELPED THEM BUILD THEIR ORGANIZATION BY SIMPLY TERRORIZING IRAQ, AFGHANASTAN AND OTHER PLACES

SO NOW, FOR ALL YOU WHO THINK WE ARE WINNING, I ASK YOU, PLEASE TELL ME WHERE WE HAVE ACCOMPLISHED ANYTHING EXCEPT PUTTING US INTO BANKRUPTCY, AND MAKING THE TERRORISTS MORE POWERFUL

THANK YOU

EXCUSE THE CAPS, MY KEYBOARD IS STUCK

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2011 4:35 PM

You forgot:

AND WE CAN'T EVEN AFFORD TO FIX THE STUCK KEYBOARDS ON OUR COMPUTERS.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2011 6:18 PM

We in Great Britain have a saying,I don't suppose we are unique;

If you can read and write-Thank a teacher

If you can read and write in English-Thank a Soldier

In the Military,we do not seek thanks from every living soul.We merely go about our duties and tasks in good heart,in the hope that what we do will one day bring peace and fulfilment to everyone,not just our "own side".

In the particular arenas of involvement we are currently engaged in,our humanitarian element expend resources for the benefit of all in the horrible circumstances we all find ourselves in,including the treatment of "enemy" wounded,civilians found to be in harms way,and our own casualties alike.

The men and women deployed to the far flung provinces of the world are willing and able to make sacrifices above and beyond their duty in order that tommorow,or one day soon,they will be able to return home and quietly reflect that their small actions have finally made the world we live in,a better place for all.They do this not out of choice,or the hope of some great reward,but because they truly believe that they are the last resort in a deteriorating situation,that without their intervention might well have had an outcome so much more awful than the one they have had a hand in.

I do not suppose for one minute that everyone will see my remarks in the same light that I do,however,I do know that in some small way I will have left at least MY mark,in a way that my heart dictated I should.I joined a line a long way from home,so that those who chose not to do so,could go about their own business without let or hindrance. Yes.I am saddened that those very people choose to use their freedom to denigrate freely,but that is their choice,because they still do have a choice.A choice that perhaps,someone else paid for with their life.Willingly.For them.

Personally I would hesitate to make judgements and form conclusions about something of which I had no experience,without first having talked with someone who had...

The face was only small,little fists about her doll

Dusty ragged garment,hard to guess was frock or shawl

Surprise at first then glee,as in my arms I swept her

Across the pitted path,her smile a perfect picture

My tears I felt were dry,across my cheek was dust

A body small and tiny,yet smother her I must

Perceptive knowing eyes,far older than the pupil

So much she must have seen,harrowed awful years full

Open mouthed in wonder,my Kevlar vestment hot,

I wondered then,would ere that doll see her baby cot

And all the time around us,sparks and richochet

Scratches on my rifle,as slow it slipped away

All my training nought and null

As to my breast this girl I hasty pull

we lie thus like together,and in my arms she cried

Over head the bullets,mostly from her side

Those who callous sent her,doll in hand our way,

They watched and aimed right at her,as we entered this sad affray

Huddled safe to me,my back with plates to save us

This was when I felt it,and my ears began to buzz

Hardened lump of metal,tied so tight around,

This grenade between us,to her stomach bound

My retch did not disturb,nor deter the gunmen near

They say they do not even,see the need of fear

Moments turn to eons,I am deaf and cannot see

All my heart has left now,leaving empty me

Still smiling eyes,they burn,she looks up to mine

I wish there was a pit,into which we both could climb

Innocence betrayed,though she knows nought of this

At eight or even nine,what for her this traitor kiss

I mumble as I reach,inside that ragged smock

My native tongue abandoned to eerie careless shock

And touching glove to metal,I twist so deadly slow

Hoping that my prayer,will make this horror go

Words do not describe,that which happened then

Save to say this human bomb,will never walk again

Did you ever see,a poor girl lose her leg?

If you were the one who held,to whom would you rending beg?

And would her blood ever wash from you,

Who still can walk with two?

So tell me now,and help me soothe my nights,

From armchair soft and plush,while others fight your fights,

So tell me now you heroes,who to blame for this

And as you do,you should know,I daily send her humble kiss

It can never fix,nor even hope to help her hobble,

But for all of that,for what was all my trouble?

I wonder often,was it Fathers gift,or siblings precious present,

That sent her out to us,in circumstance less than pleasant

And though one day my breath will give a final gasp,

No hurt could more be felt,than for that innocent lass

Now my days I spend,in hopes of something better,

Once in every while,I read of her in private letters

Our bond that day was forged,and now we two are one 

These the hopes that now,I pin my life upon.

Lizzie.

I'm Just sayin'.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2011 6:33 PM

LizzieRossetti:
    I'm Just sayin'.

some think of the term "we are our brothers keeper"

some think of the term "I got mine, you get your"

I am just saying

• teedoff58
    13 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2011 6:38 PM

You say it just fine, LizzieRossetti !

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2011 10:09 PM

stencil:
    I refrained from throwing attacks at you to keep this conversation reasonable and not start a hatefest. But you are not so I am done not arguing anymore. I don't know if you start your namecalling when you are backed in a corner and have more on the opponents side than you. But for whatever reason it is I am done with you. You were reasonable for the first 3 post but then jumped off the ship.

There was never an argument.  Intellectually speaking, it was a monologue.

oneputtdavid:
    Charle appears you have only read certain portions of the teachings and/or life of Jesus the man.

I would encourage you you to read about Jesus the God. (Hint its in the same book) Jesus the God will be leading an army to a war that will make all other wars seem like "friendly fire"

Thats the Jesus that I worship. 

As far as the rest of your post I could care less. By the way its going to get worse............... MUCH WORSE.

So you worship a God because he kicks a lot of ass(?)

Thank you for explaining the motivation and aspirations behind your politics.

RSS