Help › Forums

News in America...And the contorted image it presents

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 8 2011 3:02 PM (64 replies)
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2011 10:50 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    So you worship a God because he kicks a lot of ass(?)

Might be a bit crude for some, putting it that way. But if thats what it takes to get the WORD out, you betsha. 

Politics? Superficial purely superficial.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2011 11:43 PM

oneputtdavid:

CharlemagneRH:
    So you worship a God because he kicks a lot of ass(?)

Might be a bit crude for some, putting it that way. But if thats what it takes to get the WORD out, you betsha. 

Politics? Superficial purely superficial.

The WORD of the New Testament, which says treat people who are different as you would a good friend?

The WORD of the New Testament, which says do not be a hypocrite?

The WORD of the New Testament, which says that waging even symmetrical warfare is wrong?

The WORD of the New Testament, which says that you should not wage war against your enemies, but rather pray for them to change?

If the WORD that you seek to spread is the New Testament, how will it be spread when you yourself do not follow it, violating it openly and proudly?

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 1:58 AM

Keep reading Charle, and it will click...:D

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 4:22 AM

x1524807:

We have destroyed Iraq, the people, the intrastructure because someone here decided that the oil wells looked pretty good.

Yes at first we did. But now we are trying to get them on their own 2 feet. And we aren't fighting Iraq. We are fighting the terroorist groups in the country.

Stencil

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 4:44 AM

stencil:
    Yes at first we did. But now we are trying to get them on their own 2 feet. And we aren't fighting Iraq. We are fighting the terroorist groups in the country.

the terrorist groups you refer to were there when saddam was in power, and no need to fight them, they were scared ot sadaam

we are trying to get them on their own 2 ft, but i would submit to you that we took them off of their own 2 ft. We are the responsible party for their not having 2 ft. We killed them, we maimed them, we sent their babies to the death, we made them run from their country, we demolished their bridges, roads, hospitals, places of worship, their electric, their water AND FOR WHAT REASON. Some people will say because sadaam was a bad man. Oh really, the same sadaam we gave weapons, and death gas to fight another country we did not like. We have backed so many dictators that were worse than sadaam, for instance the shah of Iran, who made sadaam look like pumpkin pie. We turned our head when hitler ran over europe, and slaughtered millions. we backed batista in cuba, and i could go on and on. We destroyed Iraq for NO REASON EXCEPT THE OIL WELLS LOOKED PRETTY GOOD.  We started a propaganda campaign making sadaam the guilty one for 911, and still to this day, 54% of Americans think sadamm attacked us. PRETTY GOOD PROPAGANDA MACHINE

history is history, and some of us would like to rewrite it, and some of us would like to LEARN FROM IT, your choice

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 4:57 AM

CharlemagneRH:
    If the WORD that you seek to spread is the New Testament, how will it be spread when you yourself do not follow it, violating it openly and proudly?

wow, wish I would have said that, brilliant

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 6:50 AM

Like I said Charle, you have your points, but they are lost when you refer to the US being a larger terrorist than a group like the Taliban.  But I guess I need to  read more so I can see all the foreign aid the Taliban has done in places like Haiti recently, and India after the tsunami.

If you have this view of the US then why do you choose to live here?  Its like John Doe protesting the tobacco companies in the streets, trying to get them shut down from selling their poison, then on Monday showing up at 9am clocking in a Phillip Morris for his factory shift.

Absurb or not, you do see the irony in it dont you?

• OkieX
    175 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 7:01 AM

So does anyone want to explain all the Iraqi refugees who have  taken up residence in the USA  since the war and say America is doing a good thing in Iraq.  

A lot of the folks are scholars, engineers, scientist and other educated types.

The truth of the matter as far as the backwards ass  Muslim countries are concerned is no one commenting on the thread would want to move or live there.  

Where are the Iraqi golfers?   Anyone play an Afghan this week?    I guess they just don't like golf in those  countries. 

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 7:43 AM

I hear Iraq is lovely this time of year, Okie.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 8:47 AM

neildiamond11790:
    If you have this view of the US then why do you choose to live here?
    neildiamond11790:
    If you have this view of the US then why do you choose to live here?

do you leave your wife when you disagree with her, or do you show her the mistake she has made, and plead with her to do better

We can put our head in the sand and say things like the taliban has committed terrible terror acts, and we are right, but to say that the things our country has done in the last 10 years have not been terrorist acts is just being stupid.

Your motto is love it or leave it

Our motto is never leave, BUT MAKE IT BETTER, AND ONLY THE TRUTH OUT IN FRONT OF YOU CAN MAKE IT BETTER

RSS