Help › Forums

avg has gone out

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 4 2015 10:10 PM (25 replies)
  • hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 12:59 AM

alosso:
    This is the second report that I see of an unsaturated average jumping up.
    No clue on my side.

.....and it gets even more mysterious!

OK - as posted elsewhere - after the maintenance I shot 3 rounds on easy tees to see what happened to the average

Score          Average

54                62.07       (first round after maint)

54                61.98

56                61.90

with these drops -- I calculate that the number of ranked rounds must now be about 81 when I had 333 previously as TL.

OK - so I played my next round and shot a 65

As my average should still be unsaturated - what do we expect to happen??  Well 65 is more than my average - so logically my average should go up slightly.   Assuming that 81 is correct - it should have gone up to 61.94      If ranked rounds are more than 81 then it should have gone up by less than that.

So - what happened?    The WGT average went DOWN again to 61.81  !!!  WTF!!??!!

The 65 dropped the average by the same as the 54 and the 56.

Something is really strange!

The Hakman

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 1:00 AM

alosso:
    Same old: Business to client communication :(

Yep

Whether I agree with the way the new tier (s) is being done or not, and I reserve final judgement until I know the fuller story, communication is poor.

I will bimble there when I get there, and so not for me but running a CC and seeing this and we know WGT are not shy charging for balls, and many rounds are involved I do think WGT would do all a huge favour working on communication.................Understandable frustrations we all agree

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 1:04 AM

hakman123:

Thanks for the detailled report. I'd conclude, FUBAR!

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 8:19 AM

hakman123:

alosso:
    This is the second report that I see of an unsaturated average jumping up.
    No clue on my side.

.....and it gets even more mysterious!

OK - as posted elsewhere - after the maintenance I shot 3 rounds on easy tees to see what happened to the average

Score          Average

54                62.07       (first round after maint)

54                61.98

56                61.90

with these drops -- I calculate that the number of ranked rounds must now be about 81 when I had 333 previously as TL.

OK - so I played my next round and shot a 65

As my average should still be unsaturated - what do we expect to happen??  Well 65 is more than my average - so logically my average should go up slightly.   Assuming that 81 is correct - it should have gone up to 61.94      If ranked rounds are more than 81 then it should have gone up by less than that.

So - what happened?    The WGT average went DOWN again to 61.81  !!!  WTF!!??!!

The Hakman

Hi Hakman

Did you overlook the 29 (58) you shot in the Nation weekly at St Andrews?  

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 8:55 AM

bhoese:

Hi Hakman

Did you overlook the 29 (58) you shot in the Nation weekly at St Andrews?  

Yup!!  lol    Completely forgot to add that one to the sheet.   Happens now and then, I check the Ranked Rounds - see that I'm out by one and then go back a day or so to find what I missed.

Thanks!   The drop was clearly the 58 rather than the 65. 

But still the way the averages are working is pretty odd.  Something not right at all.

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 9:48 AM

Thank you sir!  It appears then that your average is saturated.  Even with the 58, the floating average that only makes sense with a set in the low 80s range still should still result in a higher number than you have presently.

Still unknown is just about everything else...the number of rounds in the set, the highest rounds in the set, and especially where did the extra rounds come from?

• Choochoo999
    98 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2015 7:21 AM

As TL my average was not yet saturated having played only 361 Ranked Rounds.

They took the worst 200 games from those 361 RR played since I was a TL and they calculated my new average based on those new figures. So my average went from 58.94 to 61.21

Now it seems that my average is saturated and I have 200 games to play bringing down my average to 58.

I always keep track of all my games played so I know for sure that is what happened in my case.

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2015 8:17 AM

Choochoo999:

As TL my average was not yet saturated having played only 361 Ranked Rounds.

They took the worst 200 games from those 361 RR played since I was a TL and they calculated my new average based on those new figures. So my average went from 58.94 to 61.21

Now it seems that my average is saturated and I have 200 games to play bringing down my average to 58.

I always keep track of all my games played so I know for sure that is what happened in my case.

Same calculation for me. My 200 worst rounds gives spot on the 62.18 average I had after maintenance (back-calculated for the 54 which was my first round after maint - after which I was 62.07.

However - I would have thought in that case that I have 200 Ranked Rounds - and the average should drop according to that count. But mine is dropping faster than that. instead of dropping 0.03 -- it dropped 0.08      so it is as though I have 80 RR after maint only.

Is it all very strange - but what can you do - just play the game and enjoy it.

The Hakman

• Choochoo999
    98 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2015 8:33 AM

hakman123:

Same calculation for me. My 200 worst rounds gives spot on the 62.18 average I had after maintenance (back-calculated for the 54 which was my first round after maint - after which I was 62.07.

However - I would have thought in that case that I have 200 Ranked Rounds - and the average should drop according to that count. But mine is dropping faster than that. instead of dropping 0.03 -- it dropped 0.08      so it is as though I have 80 RR after maint only.

Is it all very strange - but what can you do - just play the game and enjoy it.

The Hakman

It is not because of 80 R but because they start to replace your worst game first, So if you played 54 and your average went own by .08 it means that your worst game was 70

70-54=16  16 divided by 200= 0.08

RSS