Help › Forums

avg has gone out

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 4 2015 10:10 PM (25 replies)
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 9:36 AM

balmerino:
    for some reason my avg has gone from 58.49 to 60.64 can anyone help me out here.

TL avg calculation is said to have been changed for the new tiers. The only information given is that 200 more RRs are necessary before tieing up. No info about the average number.

Some guess that 700 will be the new TL saturation number.

balmerino:
    anyone from wgt would be of great help right now to explain this.

The underlined is the only information that we received and I guess that we're not gonna receive any more officially.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 11:49 AM

The search box hasn't gone out. Jeeez.

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 11:14 PM

alosso:

TL avg calculation is said to have been changed for the new tiers. The only information given is that 200 more RRs are necessary before tieing up. No info about the average number.

Some guess that 700 will be the new TL saturation number.

This cannot possibly explain why my average jumped by about 2.5     and I do NOT have a saturated TL average. I only had 333 Ranked Rounds - so raising the saturation point from 500 to 700 would have made zero change to my Ave.

Mine went from 59.61 to 62.18           explain that WGT????

Increasing the saturation number for players with MORE THAN 500 ranked rounds would certainly have increased their average, as less high scores are being excluded. But any player with 500 or fewer RRs would be unaffected.

In other posts WGT said there 'has been no deliberate change to the method of calculation of averages".

• JafferCushion
    32 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 12:11 AM

I've just shot a -5 on BPB and my avg has gone from 61.39 to 63.25, after all the hard work I have put in to get down to 61.39 was it worth it, there is no incentive to carry on playing. Might as well pack up and go pick my nose ( it's more rewarding) 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 12:49 AM

hakman123:
    This cannot possibly explain why my average jumped by about 2.5     and I do NOT have a saturated TL average. I only had 333 Ranked Rounds - so raising the saturation point from 500 to 700 would have made zero change to my Ave.

Mine went from 59.61 to 62.18           explain that WGT????

This is the second report that I see of an unsaturated average jumping up.
    No clue on my side.

hakman123:
    In other posts WGT said there 'has been no deliberate change to the method of calculation of averages".

This is based on a mod's statement:

alosso:
    TL avg calculation is said to have been changed for the new tiers.

Same old: Business to client communication :(

RSS