Forums

Help › Forums

WIND

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 27 2015 11:33 AM (9 replies)
  • PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 7:30 AM

i know this has been talked about a lot, but for some reason the people with authority don't ever seem bothered to give a answer, which in my opinion is as a paying customer is just poor customer service. i am just wondering in the single play tournaments why the wind cant be the same for everyone so its an even playing field. i just played the 2nd round of the virtual tour which is single play, i had 13 headwinds ranging from 26 mph to 30mph, one cross wind and 4 tail winds. i was in with a real shout for the first time ever after the first round but stood no chance with the wind i got. there are a few driveable par 4,s with the correct wind, how is it fair that someone can go for a eagle and another player is scramblig for a par on the same hole. all i am asking for is a answer why wgt can't make the wind the same for everyone in the single play rounds??

• WGTShamWow
    908 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 10:53 AM

PEnglish3:

i know this has been talked about a lot, but for some reason the people with authority don't ever seem bothered to give a answer, which in my opinion is as a paying customer is just poor customer service. i am just wondering in the single play tournaments why the wind cant be the same for everyone so its an even playing field. i just played the 2nd round of the virtual tour which is single play, i had 13 headwinds ranging from 26 mph to 30mph, one cross wind and 4 tail winds. i was in with a real shout for the first time ever after the first round but stood no chance with the wind i got. there are a few driveable par 4,s with the correct wind, how is it fair that someone can go for a eagle and another player is scramblig for a par on the same hole. all i am asking for is a answer why wgt can't make the wind the same for everyone in the single play rounds??

Hi PEnglish3,

Thanks for the message. Just as in real life, windspeed/direction isn't constant and changes throughout the day. On a live course you may have certain wind conditions on the course early in the day and they change as the day progresses. All players have the same random wind chance which keeps it fair for all players. 

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

• jakewebs
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 11:03 AM

That makes sense shamwow, but in bracket play I think the two players facing head to head should have same winds, because irl they would be going at the same time.

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 11:19 AM

PEnglish3:

it would be open to abuse

• PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 11:30 AM

that's why i said to keep it to single round competitions only

• PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 11:33 AM

yes i agree it changes but not to the extent it does in this game, you can play 2 holes which line up the same way and on one you hit a headwind and the next a tailwind. 

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 12:52 PM

"Hi PEnglish3,

Thanks for the message. Just as in real life, windspeed/direction isn't constant and changes throughout the day. On a live course you may have certain wind conditions on the course early in the day and they change as the day progresses. All players have the same random wind chance which keeps it fair for all players. "

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

Agreed...just look at the recent British Open.....final round had relative calm in the morning...later players had winds howling every which way for each shot.  No two players faced the same wind conditions.

ct

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 1:38 PM

PEnglish3:
    i know this has been talked about a lot

Well, that is an understated fact. Nobody here knows the exact number of times anymore. And the answer is always the same from headquarters which is nothing more than a fresh spray of Visine to see their absurd justification for the impossible. To find the wind behaving as they perceive it, one must look in the "Guiness Book of World Records" where you can indeed find these phenomenona. It is spoken of in the section under "WGT".   ~ SP ~

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 2:18 PM

Hi

I was in the same boat as you.

12 holes with headwind from 26-32mph

5 holes with cross winds from 28-32mph

And a single hole with tailwind!    Take a wild guess what hole?   Yes hole 11 27-29mph with a tiny slide.

I did manage a 58, but it was tough!

Agassi1991

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 3:59 PM

I hate to disagree sham but in a single play golf simulation the winds should be all the same for ever player. If it is not the same then it is not fair for those who get winds like Agassi explained above. In a multi round I can understand alternating winds. But not in a single play round tournery. Also to make the rg par 5 random is stealing. If you get a bad wind you have practically no chance. Thanks for listening.

RSS