Help › Forums

Levels and equipment available

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 26 2015 2:17 PM (31 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 3:34 AM

Sanco:
    The balls themselves make  great difference and yet they're all available at fairly low levels.

Look feller balls do make a huge difference.  That said a good player does real well with the L34 Callys.  Balls is the big one but real good ones come on stream early as you said.

Sanco:
    Why can't I have the same choice with other gear once I am at the top?

As a player I wish you could, and if it were up to me you would.  However, and as say pragmatically at L90 that is just not going to happen - ever IMO.  

Sanco:
    But if I can make a silly comparison I would say that (if I had the money) I and Vettel could both buy a Maserati and get different kinds of enjoyments out of owning it and he'd still rip my bum to shreds if we'd raced in it.

Fully agree.  It would be nice, but just from a scoring POV I do think L90 about covers it these days.  Fact also is that L100 is 18months to two years away from L90 and that's with regular play (some faster some slower but a huge gap)............My idea of how that new tier could work is to at least get reasonable choice to players that really need it.  Many TLs get to TL playing off the red tees, and yes arguments would exist over what is preferred but basically scoring wise it is done at L90.  Also basically done for any one else hardware wise but golf is also a mental game and why should a L92 TL go up against the very best with equipment from a lower level is asked, and with some legitimacy IMO.  

So do WGT just say right pro shop opened at TL and  L90 (easy enough to get to TL these days), and hope people end up staying / buying more / at least the same through greater choice.....Hmmmm I am not sure I would take that risk if I were WGT.  But what I would do is consider that new tier....Re tees and the average chase get left alone, but a hoop or two later with real courses and a certain, not elitist at all, level attained and the pro shop opened at say L96 is at least good day light for L90 + people.  

Not saying perfect for the player (s), but way better than the long dark slog we have now, although in fairness WGT helped out loads with the R15 L90 driver, and then the new L90 irons......

I care about the topic because as CC owner of a CC that wants to bring people on what we had before was not good.............It's way better now with the new L90 equipment, imo,  but also I think room for more improvement.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 3:38 AM

DodgyPutter:
    but if you do keep misquoting me I will return the compliment again.

I think what would do you the world of good dodgy is a new shrink and set of meds, long before a new putter................Geez how long did that latest "contribution" to the debate take? 

Saying that I may be doing you a disservice this time Dodge.  For a change you may have actually had some snippet somewhere something on topic?  For one I won't be finding out.  Currently long since past my interest level being bothered to read your, usually off topic, anything nonsense drivel in full fairness to you Doggy that's all:)...Maybe start by posting with what you think might have something useful in it, and then do the off topic kiddie digging as an aside - do it on my wall for all I care, be better than filling up the forum with it.  I am guilty of the latter as well though by bothering to respond to your ramblings..

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 4:01 AM

Sanco:
    Why not unlock all the available equipment once a player reaches TL (that would be a reward on itself for the achievement) and still leave the level specific equipment locked until then, so that a level 100+ TM, Legend or Master can still access the equipment and a TL can, if he/she so wished, access better equipment also.

Just a thought

Tour legend and legend have the same tees. Why better equipment for TL who are supposed play very well ? 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 4:10 AM

alberich35:
    Tour legend and legend have the same tees. Why better equipment for TL who are supposed play very well ? 

Conditions can vary..................You can also get to Legend by L70 something without breaking a leg, and earlier if you manufacture it............Any possible argument is only there around TL (accepting WGT is a business).

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 5:00 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Saying that I may be doing you a disservice this time Dodge.  For a change you may have actually had some snippet somewhere something on topic?  Currently long since past my interest level being bothered to read your, usually off topic, anything nonsense drivel in full fairness to you Doggy that's all:)

Does the video relate to your interest level?  

Peoples mental health is obviously something you are comfortable with joking about, I'm surprised. As you don't seem not to have edited any more posts and then pretended not to have insulted me, I may let the ones in this go although Doggy is a bit cheap even for you.

Jeez, me off topic, you're life Jim but....... ;))

and thank you for making me learn how to take screen shots.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 5:03 AM

DodgyPutter:
    mental health is obviously something you are comfortable with joking about

Sorry dodge - If it came across like that I would wish to apologize,  away from your childish chance, not missed, to dress it up far beyond its intent.  I change my recommendation to you to try some new weed - perhaps lower strength, and maybe post before it hits hard.

DodgyPutter:
    then pretended not to have insulted me

I hope you never got that impression dodge - apologies for that too.  You issue such drivel I can't help myself.  The child in me insists I have some fun with your drivel.  Rather than developing some half ability towards a coherent discussion on a disagreement your resorting to misquoting accussing, and whatever, is just so lame it's hard to take anything you say seriously in the end.

DodgyPutter:
    I may let the ones in this go

Magnanimous and on topic as ever dodge - humbled by you.

DodgyPutter:
    and thank you for making me learn how to take screen shots.

You are most welcome dodge. Glad I was instrumental in helping you finally get something right.  Still Rome was not built in a day as they say :)

Yes edited the above a couple of times, but hopefully all in the right direction for you:)

To the rest of the community please accept my apologies for replying....prob should not have done, but too late to delete.  I will only be on topic in this thread from now on inspite of the usually imminent response.....Anyway to the rest of the community apologies for entering into what has nothing to do with a good discussion, and my last away from it.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 5:58 AM

Jimbog1964:

alberich35:

Conditions can vary..................You can also get to Legend by L70 something without breaking a leg, and earlier if you manufacture it............Any possible argument is only there around TL (accepting WGT is a business).

Dont talking about how it is easy to make legend, indeed it is, 61 average on 50 rounds from TM tee is a piece of cake.

But once you get the tier legend, you get also the hardest tee. The only difference between tour legend and legent is the green's speed which dont need best equipment.

Anyway the real difference is money you spend in balls.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 6:04 AM

alberich35:
    Anyway the real difference is money you spend in balls.

balls are the main part I guess yes.  And yes it's money all the way which is why ways around getting it open at TL is the only possible one we can have. 

alberich35:
    The only difference between tour legend and legent is the green's speed which dont need best equipment.

Weeklies the conditions are often generally harder too.  Getting to asides though, IMO.  The one possible way of opening things a little early, and getting it better than it is, for the good of all (remembering a business) is TL, and so yes money..........Be nice to say soon as reach Legend for a player, but just not happening, but at TL I think WGT are missing a trick (edit: and my solution is as previously stated appreciating the business demands too IMO).

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2015 12:29 PM

Jimbog1964:
    Yes edited the above a couple of times, but hopefully all in the right direction for you:)

No there is no right direction for me when you change previous posts, which you have done repeatedly in this thread.  You change what you said after people have replied to it in an attempt to make you seem reasonable and them not.   As you said earlier in the thread "It's all very simple to read for all, and they have the whole thread" but they don't, they have your altered version of it.

As to the rest, you're right jim but............

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2015 12:55 PM

DodgyPutter:
    As to the rest, you're right jim

Like I say glad to of service in helping you finally get something correct, and posting screen shots is important...nothing pleased me more dodge.

EDIT: We know you like them dodge and hope you will excuse, but you only got 90% of my advice right.  Now understanding Rome not being built in a day we know you missed one vital piece:

Jimbog1964:
    try some new weed - perhaps lower strength, and maybe post before it hits hard.

Please do try that next time.

DodgyPutter:
    the reason you are pointing it out is because it is exceptional.

JB - No.  The work that goes in is exceptional, not the tools.

There ya go dodge.  All I ever did was disagreed with you on that and a couple of other points.  Heck I never even reminded you it's only your opinion - rubbish as that was IMO.  It's then, and only then, you go off topic with your usual pages of drivel about how the world gets you wrong, and misquotes and bawl bawl.  Anyway others can read your nonsense same as me,  see when it starts same as me - and so it's up to you if really want to carry on making yourself look so daft in just about every thread you enter...

Just so you know though the thread was really meant to be about getting the pro shop open, not your daft made up excuses / inability to argue a point should someone disagree with you.

Now that really is it from me ...........fun as reading your inanities are for a while it soon becomes second to watching my least fav colour paint dry...........

RSS