Forums

Help › Forums

Levels and equipment available

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 26 2015 2:17 PM (31 replies)
  • Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 3:02 PM

Please let me just say this is not a rant. I just wanted to say this for some while now as I think it would be useful for WGT's programmers to consider.

My thoughts are about the level specific equipment available, rather than tiers. It's a hard one, I do understand, and by making it available at certain levels this makes financial sense on many levels (excuse the pun).

Of course the equipment makes only a difference to one's game to a point, beyond which the player must put his/her own skills into it. 

What I find incongruent though is that as a TL at level 98 I play some TM's at levels greater than 100 with the top line equipment, playing from shorter tees.

So, here is my suggestion: Why not unlock all the available equipment once a player reaches TL (that would be a reward on itself for the achievement) and still leave the level specific equipment locked until then, so that a level 100+ TM, Legend or Master can still access the equipment and a TL can, if he/she so wished, access better equipment also.

Just a thought

• mukbrain
    225 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 8:42 PM

Don't think that will happen for profit reasons.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2015 3:16 PM

mukbrain:

Don't think that will happen for profit reasons.

Agreed if the request was for all tiers and levels, however if the system remains the same until a player reaches TL level, at which point all clubs are unlocked, then I don't see the downside of it - but I may be mistaken.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2015 5:36 AM

Red tee adventurers get to TL v easily and early.  They are probably the bulk of TLs these days, and even better equipment  they don't need.  

Now a genuine player gets to TL a bit early they get the L90 irons, R15 driver and with luck something like an R1 at L93.  However, if a TL can't compete with what is available at L90 to them, then god bless as it ain't the equipment holding them back.  Be nice to get the toy shop opened I understand, but doubt WGT will be opening up L90 equipment to every red tee paper plane either....EDIT: I do see room for another tier after TL, and if that opened the pro shop in the upper mid 90s it would be something to aim at - although difference in scoring is practically over from equipment long before in fairness.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2015 7:00 AM

Jimbog1964:
     However, if a TL can't compete with what is available at L90 to them, then god bless as it ain't the equipment holding them back.

I just don't agree with what I think you mean; of course they can compete it's just very likely they will lose.  If they are to play in a rg (for example) with either of us, or more importantly the likes of Poldimaier and Fmagnets, they will have to play the same tees and conditions yet is thought fair they do so with lesser equipment?

The red tee stuff is a meaningless smokescreen all can do what they enjoy. It doesn't matter what anyone else does unless you're bothered by their stat's.  If someone got to TL early by playing off red tees would they then be a threat, best equipment or not, in meaningful tournaments?  Some play mainly flat track and low wind and their stats are compiled in the same way as others who vary more.

Yes it's most about money to WGT and it may be true that the current system means some will go through a set or two more clubs on their journey.  I do wonder if given access to better clubs earlier (I'm still meaning TL's here) they would feel able to compete on a more level basis and therefore enter more tournaments and generally play more, spending entry fees and buying more balls (and most often expensive ones).

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2015 8:13 AM

DodgyPutter:
    of course they can compete it's just very likely they will lose.

A dude just banged in a 24 at the Kiawah RG and doing fine elsewhere with L90 irons, and so the equipment value gets way over played past L90.

Yes it's about money to WGT - absolute given obvious.  It should also be about maximising that revenue in ways that keep the customer satisfied (great song that, LOL).  Pragmatically opening the tee shop to the now v easy to achieve early TL tier ain't happening.  Loads of threads on a new tier, and I am a big advocate of that to give people something to aim for.

L100 when L91 is not something to aim, and does the opposite of encourage, but pragmatically a new tier and L95/6 ish after hoops to get there might be, for the RG types anyway.  Once they get the new kit they soon find it's not the equipment though, just hard work.  Nice to back yourself with the best, and so why I am a firm advocate of that new tier for those that really want to get in to it.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2015 8:52 AM

I think the reason they have the equipment available by level is to keep people grinding.. If you were to reach TL at level 93 and have the pro shop fully open to you, at which point you'd immediately grab all the best sticks, then you'd see once and for all that it's not the equipment.. you just suck and you'll never be as good as Mags!!  

Then you'd quickly lose interest in the game, quit buying balls, no more clubs to buy.. End of the road for you and, more importantly, no more revenue to WGT.. LOL

The End.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2015 2:16 PM

I am not sure why every thread inevitably becomes a 'you suck' opportunity. I know I do, so that does not add anything to the knowledge I already had.

You see, not all that play this game come in here to win credits and do endless rg's etc. Some do it fo fun, like me. I joined WGT in 2010, am a TL lvl 98 and just turned TL not long ago.  I know I will never be as good as some and that is just the way it is.

Should that stop me from having fun and play with the best toys?

If one took the time to look at my earnings will soon see I have a grand total of 14 bucks there, so this proves a couple of things: One I am not looking at better equipment to compete and win credits and two I buy all my equipment with my money and this also helps the game financially, so if I were to be able to give them another $50/$60 - why not?

I read about red tees adventurers, not sure what that mean but I guess is a pejorative for some fly by nighters, and I agree there is lots of them out there at higher levels. They don't bother me, I feel sorry for them as they may be seeking a form of glory and sense of achievement that is precluded to them in real life. So be it.

I just hope I am not classified as that now as I just managed to scroll off the sandbagger one by moving up - Lol.

Anyway, mine was just a thought and I was thinking it may be food for thought for the devs as the game is stagnating a bit and the new mickey mouse golf game around is pulling away most the 'sucky players' that generally inject cash in this game leaving mainly those who buy equipment with recycled credits. That's all.

Peace men.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2015 2:56 PM

Sanco, my post wasn't directed at you specifically.. after reading it again I guess I did give that impression. That was about all of us, myself definitely included. I was just explaining why the pro shop is set up like it is and the method to WGT's madness.. IMO, anyway.

ISH

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2015 4:38 PM

i got to legend at level 59, from then until 90 i didnt really play the game at all i tried but couldn't compete at all, just got my exp, when i got the r11s at 90 the game opened up and now i can shoot decent scores.

but i still feel when i get the best sticks my score will go down by around 3 shots 

RSS