Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Method Level 101 putter.

Mon, Jul 13 2015 10:22 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 5:56 AM

Does anyone have any experience with the Nike Method Level 101 putter? There aren't any product reviews that are helpful and I was wondering if it is worth getting.  I currently use the Versa Level 96 putter and is is excellent but since I turned T/L I have had trouble on Championship Speed greens.  Way more trouble than I imagined that I would.  I have never had so many lip outs. Long putts, short putts, it doesn't seem to matter.  I was thinking that the extra .5 of forgiveness would help with this  Any thoughts??

Thank you in advance 

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 6:21 AM

read this

FWIW I rented this one , the level 94 Nike and I have the lev 96 versa, and in normal play it was hard to see any difference in all three putters.

It really is a matter of confidence I think. If u feel good with one certain putter then that is the one for you.

Lily thinks this is crap.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 7:22 AM

I must believe that most anyone at that level (101) is an experienced, highly successful putter. Along with that, I must believe it will take much more than several weeks of heavy play to provide any useful assessment...it doesn't seem reasonable to have a valid judgement with only a couple of rent sessions under the belt. ;-} 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 7:25 AM

SeabrookFlash:
     I have never had so many lip outs. Long putts, short putts, it doesn't seem to matter.  I was thinking that the extra .5 of forgiveness would help with this  Any thoughts??

I was in the exact same boat. As a ding putter I thought the extra precision would be a bonus but the same thing continued. I got really tired of dinged putts lipping out and sliding by so I decided to try the way I used to putt (and a lot of players always have) by playing the miss. This is where that forgiveness shows up because with a partial aim and a slight miss, many more putts are dropping. 

Keep in mind, you will always miss a putt if you hit on the downhill side of the ding BUT try missing slightly INTO the break. This tends to keep the putt on line and with practice you'll figure out what works for you. I now ding certain putts but where there's a decent break involved, missing into the high side has helped me tremendously.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 7:45 AM

If I had kept the L96 Versa, I would have never thought about trying the new L101 Nike.  On paper, it just didn't show enough upgrade for me to not use a Versa putter since that's my preferred putter in real life.

However,  a while back I sold the L96 to get a Max putter when I was going through a severe lazy putting phase.  When I was ready to buy the L96 Versa again, the L101 Nike came around.  And for that, it was a no brainer for me to go with the additional attributes of the Nike putter.  The fact that it had the meter increments that I wanted made it even easier.

Could not be happier with the 101 Nike.  

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 10:53 AM

YankeeJim:

SeabrookFlash:
     I have never had so many lip outs. Long putts, short putts, it doesn't seem to matter.  I was thinking that the extra .5 of forgiveness would help with this  Any thoughts??

I got really tired of dinged putts lipping out and sliding by so I decided to try the way I used to putt (and a lot of players always have) by playing the miss. This is where that forgiveness shows up because with a partial aim and a slight miss, many more putts are dropping. 

For certain equipment and methods I think this is important to understand-

In basic terms: Sometimes it's not that I'm using an 'off ding method' but rather I allow for a miss ding on the most rewarding side.

It's like 'missing on the better side' method, on occasion. 

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2015 12:04 AM

SweetiePie:

I must believe that most anyone at that level (101) is an experienced, highly successful putter. 

I am apparently just a level 103 figment of your imagination.......

• steinyboys
    741 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2015 2:15 AM

SeabrookFlash:

Does anyone have any experience with the Nike Method Level 101 putter? There aren't any product reviews that are helpful and I was wondering if it is worth getting.  I currently use the Versa Level 96 putter and is is excellent but since I turned T/L I have had trouble on Championship Speed greens.  Way more trouble than I imagined that I would.  I have never had so many lip outs. Long putts, short putts, it doesn't seem to matter.  I was thinking that the extra .5 of forgiveness would help with this  Any thoughts??

Thank you in advance 

keep you versa I sold mine wish I did not 101 putter not worth the credits steinyout

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2015 4:43 AM

I have bought, rented, or been gifted every putter in the pro shop....I'm a level 104 legend and it took me that long to realize I just cant putt worth a damn....my advice is to find a putter you are reasonably happy with...regardless of price or level...and simply stick with it. It will save you a lot of frustration and money in the long run.

ct

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2015 5:21 AM

Thanks everyone for all your advice and suggestions. Well, WGT pulled a fast one on me, sort of.  When I reached level 101 I was allowed a day's free rental of the Nike level 101 putter.  I was leaning toward getting it and this was very nice of WGT.  Problem was that when the free rental day was over I couldn't re-equip my bag with the Versa putter that I was using before.  There was this continuous "Unexpected Error" message and I couldnt even play or set up a round of golf.  Well, I tried several things and finally wound up just buying the putter.  I'd really be pissed if I wasn't leaning toward getting it anyway.  

Now that I have it, the jury is still out on weather it was worth it or not. All my putts are NOT magically going in the hole.  However I seem to be noticing that some of the putts that I hit relatively correct are tracking truer to the hole.  I'll use it for a while and hopefully come up with a more informed opinion as to weather I like or dislike this putter.

And the beat goes on..  

• PAGES
RSS