Forums

Help › Forums

NIKE Method 001 Putter M2 (L101+)

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 8 2015 2:27 PM (65 replies)
  • DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 9:49 AM

Being a glutton for punishment, and feeling rich, I purchased the NIKE Method 001 Putter M2 (L101+).  It worked just fine yesterday but today it seems to have entered the twilight zone.

Of course I jumped right into a CC event without any warmup so I didn't find out until it was too late. (And since I never quit a round that is why I posted a 93 in the tournament.)

I'll try to explain it first, but there is also video evidence.

It looks to me like the farther from the hole you are the faster the relative green speed, ranging from nearly immovable object at less than a foot away to extreme fast at 50 feet or so. 

Here are a couple of examples:

http://www.twitch.tv/m/900921  http://www.twitch.tv/m/900923 

holes 2 - 18

I've cleared and cleaned every thing I can think of, but the new putter is behaving the same way wherever I have tried it.

When I switch back to my old putter everything functions as normal.

DaveD

EDIT :  AND...Now that I have logged off and on for the 3rd time (without changing anything else) the new putter is working correctly again.

See below

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 10:11 AM

DaveDwingdale:

Being a glutton for punishment, and feeling rich, I purchased the NIKE Method 001 Putter M2 (L101+).  It worked just fine yesterday but today it seems to have entered the twilight zone.

Of course I jumped right into a CC event without any warmup so I didn't find out until it was too late. (And since I never quit a round that is why I posted a 93 in the tournament.)

I'll try to explain it first, but there is also video evidence.

It looks to me like the farther from the hole you are the faster the relative green speed, ranging from nearly immovable object at less than a foot away to extreme fast at 50 feet or so. 

Here are a couple of examples:

http://www.twitch.tv/m/900921  http://www.twitch.tv/m/900923 

holes 2 - 18

I've cleared and cleaned every thing I can think of, but the new putter is behaving the same way wherever I have tried it.

When I switch back to my old putter everything functions as normal.

DaveD

EDIT :  AND...Now that I have logged off and on for the 3rd time (without changing anything else) the new putter is working correctly again.

Further EDIT :  Just tried playing the weekly Unlim on Congressional.  The problem returned.

Dear WGT, At this point I'd accept a full refund.

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 10:13 AM

Hmmm, this same thing on a 1,000 cdts Ready go and the screen is out of order! ;-)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 10:21 AM

DaveDwingdale:

Very polite considering the state of the putter they sold you - shocking.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 10:54 AM

Jimbog1964:

DaveDwingdale:

But unless a moderator happens to see his post he won't get it.

He needs to click on Contact  at the bottom of the page and send a msg to Customer Support regarding his refund request

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 11:05 AM

ApexPC:

Jimbog1964:

DaveDwingdale:

But unless a moderator happens to see his post he won't get it.

He needs to click on Contact  at the bottom of the page and send a msg to Customer Support regarding his refund request

Thanks, Apex.  I did that.

So far this fiasco of a putter has cost me (beyond the credits for the putter) only a few credits in a CC tournament, and a lot of aggravation.  WGT could see some very angry high level TLs if/when the trouble pops up in a big credit RG as has already happened to fredsf.

DaveD

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 12:05 PM

DaveDwingdale:

Man that 10 foot scale is sure messed up. I only watched the first 3 holes but it doesn't take long to see. IDK about the other scales, though, they looked OK, the putts were just too hard.

It was hard to tell because I'm an avatar move putter and use my 100 scale a lot and by the looks of it the first long putt you made with it, it should have been hit for 64 feet and it looked like you hit it 80+. That's immaterial, though, something's messed up with your scales.

IMO, WGT reacted to the flap about the scales and hastily modified the 15  30 and 60 scales and turned them into 10 20 50 to fit the new putter to make everybody happy and botched it up. I'd use your old putter until they get it straightened out.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 12:27 PM

DaveDwingdale:

WGT could see some very angry high level TLs if/when the trouble pops up in a big credit RG as has already happened to fredsf.

DaveD

being lvl 98 fred is using the versa lvl 96 too so it must be affecting other putters too...

edit: after watching a little of that video it brought back memories of when I bought the lvl 77 nike putter for the 10ft scale, that's exactly what happened to me when I used the 10ft scale on several courses....WGT was nice enough to give me the credits back so I could buy the lvl 70 versa....

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 12:34 PM

YankeeJim:

It was hard to tell because I'm an avatar move putter and use my 100 scale a lot and by the looks of it the first long putt you made with it, it should have been hit for 64 feet and it looked like you hit it 80+. 

That putt was 47 ft  + 17 up, so basic calc about 64.  On tournament greens that's 64/1.35 = 47.4.  The putt was hit at very near that percentage of the 100 ft scale.  It traveled 70+ feet including at least a yard into 30-40 rough. Or, roughly, the distance the 150 ft scale would have gone.

Quite a difference from hitting 6 ft of power and coming up short on a 2.3 foot putt. A little too much variation for me.

DaveD

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 12:35 PM

fatdan:

being lvl 98 fred is using the versa lvl 96 too so it must be affecting other putters too...

Not seen a problem with my L96 Versa, well, apart from me LOL

Fred needs to send them a screen shot of his WD / score at least from that 1000 credit RG when it pops up ?  Might be a tough one but hope it resolves favourably for all.....

RSS