Forums

Help › Forums

The Open 2015 at St. Andrews

Mon, Jul 20 2015 8:34 PM (370 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 1:37 PM

Lol....thought you were not coming over with a pick enigma ; ))

Eric

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 1:47 PM

LOLserver:

Lol....thought you were not coming over with a pick enigma ; ))

Eric

Was on holiday for a bit, thanks again for the fun event  Eric & ty to all the sponsors..  gl  every1..    :)

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 3:29 PM

If one of the picks wins then i will sponsor sleeve to a pick that finishes runner up. If only 1 runner up though ;-)

Bubbs

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 4:12 PM

bubbsboy:

If one of the picks wins then i will sponsor sleeve to a pick that finishes runner up. If only 1 runner up though ;-)

Bubbs

Cool bubbs : )))

Already updated the first post with the news & sponsorship, thanks a lot m8 : )))

Eric

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 2:09 AM

No prob Eric.....remember if 2 3 or even 4 picks tie for runner up i may need assistance as lowly Legend just getting by with no RG success lol

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 11:37 AM

...ah the thrill of it all. St Andrews. I started to wonder, (dangerous), St. Andrews is public, and Tom, D!ck and Mary can play it, right ? But I hear some of the other 0pen venues are private, some very private. Anyone know the snot factor, top to bottom ?

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 11:43 AM

During my trips over there, we have pretty much been able to get on any of the courses that we want, although we always do Scotland only so I can't speak for England.   I do know that Turnberry, Carnoustie, St Andrews, Troon and others that I'm leaving out were all accessible to us via our travel agent.

St Andrews was a little strange, you got into a lottery, they only allowed so many non members a day, think it was like 6 foursomes.  However if they had opening or cancellations you could step in.   Last trip we teed off at 4:40 which sort of ruined our playing 36 holes at each course, however we were able to play at one of the other St Andrews courses which are near by.   I think this system is only for the Old Course, which BTW is my least favorite of all the courses I have played there.  It was also the most expensive and had the worse caddies.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 11:44 AM

Francesco Molinari -12

54 hole leader Dustin Johnson hehe

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 12:02 PM

As a Scot i would very much like to thank the Yanks for giving us the pleasure of ; 1) The brilliance , dedication, knowledge and foresight of The Golden Bear

2) Everything that is Tom Watson.

3) Phil Nicholson for his smile and warmth.

and the American public for your support.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 1:17 PM

razza31:

Francesco Molinari -12

54 hole leader Dustin Johnson hehe

Sorry razza ... Eric already picked Dustin ... you can pick someone else though. Look at the 54 hole board at the bottom of the first page to make a pick that hasn't already been taken.

Don

RSS