• Rory McIlroy
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2015 3:38 PM

Latest pics

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2015 3:41 PM

Such an ugly looking course, but as in WGT, very challenging for anyone..... from the "tips" (championship tees) ; )))

Eric 

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2015 4:22 PM

Ugly????

Come onnnnnnnnnn

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2015 5:48 PM

Martin Kaymer to repeat his devastation of Pinehurst last year ... he has the imagination to win it. This is not an open that will be won in the air, it will be won on the ground. It's not a dart throwing course by any stretch of the imagination ...

I mean why not ... it's been a long time since Curtis Strange pulled it off ...

And I agree with Mushy ... how can you call it ugly once the USGA has dressed it up with flags and grandstands and scoreboards ? It's beautiful !!!

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2015 6:48 PM

OK,  Jason  Day is my pick, but likely the winner will have a "j" in their name i.e   Jordan , Johnson, Justin, Jason..  :)                :the Pacific Northwest stunningly beautiful as well as the course -4  or 5 might win it?, looks very tough..

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2015 11:03 PM

Picks already in the box

• Justin Rose
    • Henrik Stenson
    • Phil Mickelson
    • Dustin Johnson
    • Miguel Angel Jimenez
    • Ryan Moore
    • Jordan Spieth
    • Matt Kuchar
    • Rickie Fowler
    • Bubba Watson
    • Rory McIlroy
    • Martin Kaymer
    • Jason Day
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2015 11:07 PM

donsprintr:

... how can you call it ugly once the USGA has dressed it up with flags and grandstands and scoreboards ? It's beautiful !!!

The flags, grandstands and scoreboards are the only thing that help the ugly ground to look like a golf course.

Nice view from the top towards the sea tho : )))

Eric

edit....hope I did not offend anyone : ))), it is that "links" courses are just slopes, brush & sand.....together with fairways & greens. Some lucky ones have historic beautiful architecture around. 

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2015 11:53 PM

I will pick  Brandt Snedeker

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2015 1:10 AM

Must admit as for watching on TV i dont like links courses, i prefer beatiful tree line, lakes and lush greens, ie Augusta, Sawgrass etc etc

You dont get a true reflection when the ball is running along those fairways on TV But when you are live at a links course, its totally different. Watching it bounce along over bumps and hollows is fantastic

Bubbs

RSS