Forums

Help › Forums

WHERE IS THIS TABLE OR RULE

Thu, Dec 3 2015 9:12 PM (44 replies)
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 4:04 AM

pdb1:
    " just double your 9 hole ranked round scores to get the number that contributes to your average, so your example of 35 will be 70."

QFT.

There's a general information in the FAQs, "What is my Average Score?", but it doesn't cover any details. WGT does not give any details to the subject of average & tiering, thus players have to rely on the knowledge of fellow players.

Those who don't believe the truth stay dum^Wuninformed.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 6:25 AM

alosso:
    dum^Wuninformed

An insider: ^W (<ctrl>w) is the "delete word" command in some outdated text processing software. (^H is "delete letter" (backspace).)

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 6:30 AM

pdb1:
    alosso:
    QFT.

There's a general information in the FAQs, "What is my Average Score?", but it doesn't cover any details. WGT does not give any details to the subject of average & tiering, thus players have to rely on the knowledge of fellow players.

I find that a little hard to believe .

It's true from A to Z, and I won't repeat it now.

Remember what I said about those who don't believe the truth? *grins*

pdb1:
    Par3 and Par5 could be counted too, if the difference from the Even score (P3 = 54 / 27, P5 = 90 / 45) would be calculated, as E = 72 / 36, -1 = 71 / 35, +1 = 73 / 37, ..."

Would... should... don't count. Only the gross score counts, 35, 68..., and nothing from Par3s or Par5.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 9:07 AM

I can't figure out what you are after, and being one who follows my own math... I figure my "true" average by using my par 3, 4,and 5 hole score averages and apply them to a particular course ... the number is sobering

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 10:04 AM

Quoted from FAQs:

"What is my Average Score?

Your Average Score will be based on multiple best scores within ONLY your current Tier, not scores that you shot when in previous Tiers, which better reflects your current skill competing with the tee boxes and green speeds in your current Tier. Your Average Score will be based on ONLY your best scores, so completing a bad round will not negatively impact your Average Score or Tier. So be sure to finish all your rounds and gain the extra experience points, as a bad day won’t matter. Please note that scores from the Best of Par 3 stroke play course will not be counted towards your Tier ranking."

It never does say (at least I can't find it) that a 9 hole score is simply doubled for average calculations. I am certain, however, that it has been verified by WGT staffers that this is the case.

Your score in relation to par has no significance; only the number of strokes taken.

Notice that it does not say the "Best of Par 5" scores are not included.

RSS