Help › Forums

Master using Level 19 Spider Putter

Thu, May 28 2015 4:04 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2015 8:00 AM

daveparr:
    im not sure about what the other person meant by it works well missing the Ding,  Bottom line is if you ding this baby its  accurate 

I believe it starts shortly after birth here by virtue of "necessity is the Mother of invention", when putting is impossible by doing what seems to be rational.

• APX3
    15 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2015 8:59 AM
    Thank you all for your thoughts and input. Yankee Jim, really liked the way you broke down what a putter will do based off the components of the putter and how the ball might react, very interesting. Sweetie Pie appreciate your message, it  warmed my heart and made me smile. Hope to be invited to the top of the class for a round sometime, i will also try and friend request a few of you. Thanks again everyone for your kind replies and input, much appreciated.
    AP from  SA Texas, Ya,all  
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2015 4:04 PM

daveparr:

AP l am a user of the L55 Rossa Putter at 750 credits you will not find a better putter at this level in the pro shop 

The 55, yes, as I suggested. Great precision for dinged accuracy but also handy for the off-ding, as also mentioned by a great player (who's one putt % is at 66+) who said the rossa 'was built' for off ding styles as well. 

Quote:

if it were not for missing ding which is a bonus using rossa putter cause IMO it was built just for that. 

The versa L70 has the same 4 rating for precision, but the forgiveness of the rossa is only 2 so you get ball that arcs away differently as applied by off-ding players.

I would esp. apply that off ding on that evil BPB green w/ the super cant, and from the side shot w/ massive tilt I would off-ding almost all the way past or pre ding to offset the slope affect. If I missed the shot the ball will stall nearby the hole.

With a putter w/ a higher forgiveness, the amount of a push may not offset the slope enough, the ball going more strait, and a hole miss would continue along w/ the tilt and roll farther away.

You see the video showing the off ding dropping or getting very close to the hole on a sloped green, yet the DINGED putt that missed the hole rolls 21 feet away. You can see the advantage of applying that method when warranted.*

• PAGES
RSS