Help › Forums

Wow, WGT

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 26 2015 3:58 PM (29 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2015 5:11 AM

WGTicon:

Brackets are just hard to too set. I think each takes at least an hour. Hopefully soon, we'll be able to get them done fast.

I'll double check on it though

-wgticon

I'm not a bracket player either but I have created some and they do not take a full hour to create. R U kidding. An hour. What are they doing? Do they need to call the course first to set up tee times? Be sure of course availability ? What? An HOUR,,,sheesck.

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2015 7:21 AM

overtheedge:

WGTicon:

Brackets are just hard to too set. I think each takes at least an hour. Hopefully soon, we'll be able to get them done fast.

-wgticon

I'm not a bracket player either but I have created some and they do not take a full hour to create. R U kidding. An hour. What are they doing? Do they need to call the course first to set up tee times? Be sure of course availability ? What? An HOUR,,,sheesck.

I guess they have the same WGT employee setting up weekly and monthly tourneys ! LOL they can't start them on time either.

I tried to play a new monthly tourney yesterday after I entered I was informed that the tourney started July 2nd..                                  Now thats quality control.

Please keep up the GOOD work WGT !!

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 4:28 PM

Appreciate all who have commented here, and Carlo, been meaning to thank you for doing the Cup, once again. We didn't do as well this time, but it's great to have SOMEONE who cares about the site, and knows how to set a tournament up.

Seriously, WGT, do you expect us to believe that a few guys can create, score, and run a tournament with many CC's & players involved, yet you can't change a bracket set up in 4 months?

That is very close to calling us idiot's.

As I stated in another thread complaining on brackets, I'm done playing until something is done about the brackets, and done using regular 18 hole course's that have par's 3-5 on them. And I know you don't care, as well.

Adios & my wallet comes with me. But, you don't care about that, which is blatantly obvious.

• Yasch
    310 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 8:15 PM

WGTicon:

Considering how popular some of the brackets are, for example, the tierless 100 CR, you would think it would be in the best interests of WGT to find a way to keep things anew.

But then again, WGT has no idea what is good for them. Introducing asinine features that no asks for, and ideas that would propel WGT into a great game are never ever considered.  What a shame!

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 11:47 AM

Yes, bumping my own thread again, but only to say I forgot about our CC Spring tourney that is ongoing, so I will have to play 1 round a week until it is over.

I'm a man of my word & am posting this knowing, only, the smallest chances exist that anyone at wgt would check activity on a player to see if they mean it when they say they're done with the BS.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 2:36 PM

overtheedge:

WGTicon:

-wgticon

They work forty minutes a day,Then take the rest of the week off for lunch,
    Then when they come back,They forgot what they was doing.

Just kidding.lol

navi USMC

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2015 7:27 AM

gr8 job in programming the brackets to change as one fills up. However, why must the Worst of Bandon be in almost every single L Bracket? I know why, so that's hypothetical.

Such a shame to get something so close to right, yet still land miles away.

How often does one need to say it? Par 3 courses are NOT courses that should be used in a paid tournament. Trying to save on Bandwidth are ya? Cause I can think of only one other reason for you to do this, which is to force players who feel as I do to play the 3's-5's. Well, you ain't forcing me.

Can't you just put those novelty courses in free sections? I don't care if it's just a buck, it's the principal of the matter for me.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2015 12:41 PM

ShadyShank:
    How often does one need to say it? Par 3 courses are NOT courses that should be used in a paid tournament.

I can understand why some people don't like par 3 courses. OTOH, I find them to be a great ball life saver and the cost of the round is half price. So I don't really mind (I actually like it) if 1 of the 4 rounds is on a par 3 course.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2015 5:07 PM

And I see your point of view, but the fact remains that, in paid tourney's with 3's-5's included, there will almost always be players with an advantage over those of us who don't like playing those courses, and rarely do.

I've said it b4, wgt is the most realistic golf game online, but to throw those courses in paid tourneys, takes away from that realism. Until the USGA puts an all par 3-5 course on the tour, wgt should not do it.

It goes directly against their stance on balls in your bag. They cite USGA rules to defend not allowing another decent ball to take the place of a last one lost. I'm not saying they should allow switching balls on every hole, and I even accept their reasoning on the rule. Though, I think we all know it is only a rule for one simple reason. $$$

So, if you cite USGA in one aspect  to support a rule, should you not also accept the USGA does not consider 3-5 courses as tournament venues? Seems hypocritical to me, but that's me.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2015 3:58 PM

How ironic. I come on today, check the L 100 bracket, & there are 2 Par 3's to be played.

How wonderful!!

RSS