Help › Forums

Wow, WGT

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 26 2015 3:58 PM (29 replies)
  • ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2015 8:17 AM

Lute345:
    Bandon SHOULD be eliminated completely!!

There is no possible way I could agree more with you. I believe, since the course was added, it has been in almost every paid L bracket. What I will never understand, is how anyone could think a Par 3 course should EVER be used as a monthly Open?

200 Creds to play a par 3 in an event, at least I at this point, have very little chance of placing in? I have played every other L Open, except for 1 I missed, knowing my 2 bucks was gone as soon as I signed up.

Not a chance I'd pay for Bandon & I wonder how many entries, compared to the average they get, have come in?

I've said this, I think 6 X now, Par 3 courses are novelties & have been since their inception in real golf. They are not, nor ever will be, considered courses to play tournaments on, unless it's some charity event or the like. So, why would you, wgt, shove that course down our throats since adding it?

It takes no genius to figure out you have been attempting to force people to play it by sticking it in any paid format you can. I love brackets but haven't played one in almost a month. Was playing em about every day. The paid ones, 100 & 500 credits.

WGT, I leave you with this. Though a drop in a big bucket, you've lost $$ on me the past 2 months because of your insisting to call this the 'most realistic' golf game online; yet, making it unrealistic by forcing certain courses, which reflect no reality to the real golf world, on us.

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2015 11:50 AM

ShadyShank:

Lute345:
    Bandon SHOULD be eliminated completely!!

There is no possible way I could agree more with you.

i disagree Shady,Lute, i love the par 3 courses and use them as a warm up to get my eye in.

ShadyShank:
    you've lost $ on me the past 2 months because of your insisting to call this the 'most realistic' golf game online; yet, making it unrealistic by forcing certain courses, which reflect no reality to the real golf world, on us.

show me a more realistic golf game online ? this game has kept me out of trouble for years so kudos to WGT for that :)

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2015 4:28 PM

A tad off topic but i feel the need to vent and perhaps something can be done. Today's gameplay has been utterly atrocious. I haven't experience this much VEM in 4 years of playing. Dont know what your beef is with me WGT overlords? I've supplied you with enough of my hard earned cash, have been a frequent advocate and proponent of your game and rarely ever complain like other chaps, however this is a joke today. I missed a shot by 1 notch early from 150 yds, and the ball drifts left of the pin by 10 yds with no wind present? Or how about coming up short with a putt on Tourny greens (12 speed) at 6.3 feet even though i hit it 8 ft. Its like im playing an entirely different game today? Perhaps things will revert to how the physics normally play, but i mean im at a loss for words, shaking my head in disgust. Is it cause i bought your new level 103 driver yesterday that you're doing this to me now? Was it a mistake? The cache has been cleaned along with cookies so i dont want to hear about that malarkey. Here's to hoping one of you read this and recalibrate whatever you've fudged up for me lol. MAN!!!!!! Lawd have mercy!

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2015 11:59 AM

stevietwotimes:
    i love the par 3 courses and use them as a warm up to get my eye in.

I may have agreed with getting rid of Bandon on the wrong terms. I don't think they should remove it from the site, just the paid tournaments. I know players like the 3's for various reasons, and if there are enough of them, maybe wgt should create a paid Par 3 tourney for them.

My only beef with the course is when it's inserted into any paid tournament. If I'm paying to play, I'm paying to play a course that would make things 'as close to reality' as possible.

As for the challenge to name a more realistic online game, you obviously missed my point. Par 3 courses have no similarities to real world golf.

I would challenge you to name a single Par 3 course on the PGA tour?

Oh, and loved the comment from the military viewpoint. Sorry, I'm blanking on your name, but that one had to hit hard. LOL

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2015 12:09 PM

krskfr:
    MAN!!!!!! Lawd have mercy!

krskfr,

That's been happening to me for a few weeks now. To the point I told my CC I have to take a break after we finish the tourney's we're in. I can take losing, or poor performances all day, as long as I know it's my fault.

But, after a while, when you start to see trends in the games you play, how the meter acts, how barely missed dinged shots behave, the swings in how the wind affects the ball, etc. It ceases to be conspiracy thinking &, frankly, is what it is.

WGT, tweaking courses & greens at any given time, or only for certain players (all of which has been admitted to by wgt, though vaguely), and we get to deal with the frustration. I just don't understand how they think any of it makes the site better or more challenging?

If I hit the shot, I hit the damn shot. Don't penalize me with some phantom gust of wind, or a perfectly struck & aimed putt stopping on the lip when I've seen the very same putt drop 100 times.

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2015 4:37 PM

Glad im not the only one ^^^. I truly believe wgt predetermines winners of ready go's and big tournaments using some kind of mathematical formula from saturation of results in the past, putting statistics, and other percentages to wit i can only speculate. I"ve seen some posted videos of top tier players on YouTube, specifically "FMagnets" and when he misses his ding, the ball barely goes off target (compared to my experiences when missing dings). There has to be an explanation for this but unfortunately we'll never know the underlying formula. Oh well, this is just a game so i dont get too worked up over results, but at times wgt is extremely frustrating especially considering i've played enough rounds to know the power for each shot in relation to wind variables, putting, etc. Hope things get sorted out and this is a level playing field for all chaps (including you top tier Tour Legends). Can anyone say VEM? lol.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 11:56 AM

krskfr:
    when he misses his ding, the ball barely goes off target

Okay, this is too much to pass & not comment on, and I realize many are sick of anything said that sounds remotely conspiratorial. However, this very thing started happening to me a little over a month ago.

I haven't changed putters in forever, except for a short try at one I don't even recall what it was. But, my Nike putter, not long ago, would still drop putts on missed dings on a consistent basis. Now, just as krskfr said, if I don't ding the putt, even by the smallest fraction, I'll miss to the side I missed the ding on.

Now, this has really been messing with my head, and helped me shoot a 71 at SA in the Cup going on. A 71 people!! At any rate, I'm very glad you mentioned it happening to fmagnets, because if it's happening to him, it makes me feel much better that the same is happening to me, as well as others. That's a big name though, so whatever it is, it's probably something we better get used to.

edit: Oh, and the reason I came to post. We have, officially, entered our 3rd month in a row with the exact same courses to play in the brackets, at least the L brackets. I can't believe players are still paying & playing them either. To each their own. I realize, Icon, said he was addressing it and that's appreciated, but it just shouldn't ever get to this.

I love playing brackets, but not ones with par 3's-5's on them, and surely not the same damn courses every single time, heading into month 3.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 8:04 PM

Closing in on 3 1/2 months with L Brackets unchanged. Also, 2 days have past & the 100 credit L Bracket still lacks 6 players.

WGT, wake up! These brackets normally fill up, at times, 2-3 times a day. I'm not claiming to be a mathematician because I'm not, but by my amateur calculations, that equation equals a loss in revenue for you.

Just saying........

edit: Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to keep the bug in your ear, WGT.  After a 3 day wait, the 100 credit L Bracket got under way. Everyone.....YAY! But, as usual, with good news comes some bad news. The bad new is the 100 credit L Bracket, which is moving towards its 3rd month with the same courses to play, now has 2 players signed up after 2 days.

If y'all need help, I know there are very capable & willing people here who wouldn't mind giving it where it is needed. I've offered to help for no wage, several times.

Just saying.....

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 11:46 PM

I know I'm not the only one who has posted on the brackets, so I'm replying to my own thread again. Only to say this.

We just crept into month 4 without the L 100 or 500 credit brackets having a change in the course's to be played. I'd much prefer they were just done away with if they are never to change. Least I could stop checking to see if they have.

Just saying......

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2015 2:53 AM

The bracket now not play them any more, I went into a bracket hole 18 to 100 credits and after about 10 days we got only 3 players.

Perhaps decreasing from 16 to 8 players might be a good idea.

Time lost ................ wgt will not listen never our words.

bye

Carlo

RSS