Help › Forums

Wow, WGT

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 26 2015 3:58 PM (29 replies)
  • ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2015 11:13 PM

Hey,

Nice going on having the very same Legend Bracket Tournament's up for almost 2 months now. I'm certain that makes more players want to play them. I watched the 100 Credit 18 hole take about a week to fill up. Well played.

Not to mention, I was hit with an ad, a few weeks ago, that was touting 'More' & ' New' Legend RG's. Sounded great to me, however, since that time I've seen L RG's decrease in number, down to 2 at one time.

Even without the ad, or if it was a mistake, what are you thinking? Making enough cash from ball sales, I suppose? Oh, I'd be remiss if I didn't say this in my own thread. A monthly Legend Open being played on a Par 3 course..... Really all that needs said.

So sad to think what this place could, and should, be.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 11:29 AM

Not a bracket player but...wat d fook did you expect ?

Ya can count on ONE finger when WGT ever got owt right ?

Andy

• Woodsonbergski
    51 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2015 12:08 PM

I have posted about this before. "more 9 hole ready go tournaments" was the name of my OP in 2013. It got a "thanks, I'll mention it" from WGTicon.  I reposted in April and May this year and got no response.

Apparently WGT doesn't have many staff players that are in the legend bracket, which means they can't win those brackets as easily.  Therefore it's of  no advantage to them to create legend bracket tournaments.  Your best bet is to join a c.c. that has a lot of RG tourneys.  

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2015 1:57 AM

alcaucin:
    Not a bracket player but...wat d fook did you expect ?

Andy, I'll have to give ya half credit on that one. But, only because wgt created a pop up ad claiming 'more' & 'new' Legend RG's. I mean, why make yourselves look even worse, which I thought impossible til now, by advertising something then doing the opposite?

Yeah, maybe you get full credit, because after writing it out I see it falls in line with all else done wrong.

My offer for free consulting on how to make this site bigger than any of you can, obviously, dream still stands.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2015 2:14 AM

Woodsonbergski:
    Apparently WGT doesn't have many staff players that are in the legend bracket, which means they can't win those brackets as easily.  Therefore it's of  no advantage to them to create legend bracket tournaments.

Don't you think that the rake is good enough? It diminishes the credits involved by 20% in each comp - that treadmill should be suficient. OTOH, a winner's payout would hardly pay for the player(?)

Woodsonbergski:
    Your best bet is to join a c.c. that has a lot of RG tourneys.  

CC RGs? Something new?

(guess: challenge tourneys?)

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 4:35 AM

alosso:
    CC RGs? Something new?

I was wondering the same thing, alosso. Would be nice if we could have RG's added to our choice of formats. Maybe have an option to set the amount of players to enter, as well as the entry fee?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 11:36 AM

Brackets are just hard to too set. I think each takes at least an hour. Hopefully soon, we'll be able to get them done fast.

I'll double check on it though

-wgticon

• Lute345
    2,483 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 11:53 AM

While you're checking on that icon how about changing the courses that are being played over and over again in them too?? I mean Bandon SHOULD be eliminated completely!! Just my 2 cents worth.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 12:39 PM

Give us an all Bandon Legend Tier Bracket ... !!!!!

Four eighteen hole rounds ... for ten dollar entry fee ... !!!!

Yeah baby ... !!!!

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 1:32 PM

WGTicon:

Brackets are just hard to too set. I think each takes at least an hour. Hopefully soon, we'll be able to get them done fast.

I'll double check on it though

-wgticon

Gee.I did not realize they were so over worked.

navi USMC

RSS