Forums

Help › Forums

Edgewood Closest to Hole

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 11 2011 8:32 AM (22 replies)
  • Filler
    12 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 6:56 AM

It must have got a bit easier or something - just posted a 56.7 and into 2nd spot - helped by the tip about the 7th from Snaike ^. Still squirts around for me on occasion but pleasing nonetheless.

• Nickelless
    7 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 10:35 AM

I find that out too, several time I've hit the ball with the "ding" and the result was not what I intended or what it should have been; I've hit balls off center on drives and had more distance than some hit on "the screws"...odd, but not a huge concern!

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2009 9:08 AM

Yes, i've had the same random shank off to the left/right on a perfect shot - this used to happen quite a lot throughout the game but i thought it had been fixed, obviously not on this course.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 10:03 PM

its true, but its an easier course to shoot low on the closest-to-the-hole challenges. In fact, Edgewood, to me, is the easyist course for the challenge

• lazurges
    8 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 1:01 PM

I haven't had the issues you describe, all my shots seem to behave as expected for the most part.

I think Edgewood is definitely one of the easiest CTTH challenges, but #7 is hard even with Snaike's advice!

• canon31501
    2 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 12:33 PM

OK...7 stil not working. I took a PW..3/4 for a 54 yard shot and plunk! In the bunker! What is club selection and degree of takeback? This hole does not play true.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 12:40 PM

Snaike:
    75yard wedge shot, full swing, full backspin ... bounces out of the sand, hits the edge of the rough and rolls up nice and snuggy with the pin.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 1:14 PM

Remember:  Reading Is FUNdamental!

RIF!!

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 1:25 PM

Geeez.. is RIF still around???? I remember getting those little ribbons as a kid for winning some sort of reading competition...lol.. that brings back memories.. Thanks Snaike!!!

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 2:21 PM

I have 2 throw in my opinion of "the beast" on this particular course. Holy Crap... I didnt notice it too much at first but after playing many rounds and fine tuning.... I am getting my butt kicked on this one. Its not just the third hole either for me.... seems like it happens on just about all of them except for the short shots. # 2 I think... and # 7 which I agree with snaike is one of the easiest and most consistent shots on wgt. I happen to be pro"beast" for several reasons but I must say.... For me personally, errant shots on the perfect mark on this course are the rule... not the exception. It would be much appreciated if you guys would cage the beast on this course or at least make him/her a bit more sociable..If that sucker shows his face on this course I am going to empty my bag on it. There is a nice little pond on the ninth hole that would accomodate some concrete shoes just fine. blah blah blah....

RSS