Forums

Help › Forums

2015 British Open

Fri, Jul 17 2015 2:00 PM (57 replies)
  • TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 7:52 AM

I'm with you SP but being more realistic I think that a partnership with the PGA would be a real plus for the community.

I thought when they put the CTTH version of Valhalla on that they might be going in that direction but obviously not.

PGA has hosted such courses, Winged Foot, Southern Hills, etc. and would be a great addition in terms of new and great courses on here.

I guess the deal with the British Open is over and done.   WGT can put on an inhouse version if they want, in the past we got a hat from the British Open and something similar from the US Open.   Today I guess we just get credits.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 9:07 AM

Who cares if the Americans give it their own quaint name, they have to keep things simple for their populace.

It is called The Open Cahmpionship, nothing else.

Anyone calling it otherwise is an idiot.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 9:24 AM

PaulTon:

Yeah, yeah, and the World Series isn't a world series, football is soccer or soccer is football and on and on. Lot of idiots running around if one sees it that way.  :-I

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 10:23 AM

YankeeJim:

PaulTon:

Yeah, yeah, and the World Series isn't a world series, football is soccer or soccer is football and on and on. Lot of idiots running around if one sees it that way.  :-I

We live & learn...I thought it was futbol....oh, with everyone handy, when I catch the British 0pen on TV they are always playing in Scotland...why isn't it properly called "The Scottish Open" ?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 10:26 AM

PaulTon:

Who cares if the Americans give it their own quaint name, they have to keep things simple for their populace.

• reddog1965
    1,184 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 10:42 AM

You also have to remember that the Open Championship didn't get very big until Arnold Palmer went and played it, the prize money wasn't worth the cost. They would actually be losing money. And that also goes to the Europeans and the British coming over here in the earlier days.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 12:51 PM

LOL Thanks for the reaction. You know i love ya's really, right?

Did you here about the Englishman with an inferiority complex?

He thought he was only equal to everyone else.

Anyhoo, back on topic, I'm really buzzing that both open venues are in the game. How goods that?!

Did that also happen the year St. Georges was added in here? Just before I started playing, I think.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 1:19 PM

PaulTon:
    PaulTon:
    I'm really buzzing that both open venues are in the game. How goods that?!

It is very special, I believe. And two courses that are unlike all of our others as well as themselves. It is a different type of play. Both are hard...for me ;-} We are lucky.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2015 2:42 AM

PaulTon:

PaulTon:

Bll in your court...lol.....

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2015 3:06 AM

As Paul always loves a good photo in his posts, I couldn't resist

RSS