Help › Forums

Tiger Woods Online Vs WGT

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 4 2011 3:12 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BarmyArmy147
    62 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 12:55 AM

WGT for me has the far better social side to the game and the game play itself is better and all the menus are set out much better, but after just playing 18 holes round Bethpage with the starter clubs off amatuer tier i really dont know what to do wether to go back to playing TW or staying on WGT??

as the round at Bethpage was a joke and very very unrealistic, out of 12 par 4 only 7 i can reach in regualation and the other 5 most of them im hitting a wood or hybrid into the green with no chance of stopping the ball on the greeen as the starter balls dont spin at all and nor do the sh*t starter clubs either

very disapointed new member of WGT, just now not sure for how long

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 1:19 AM

Wgt is very rewarding...stick with it, purchase a few new clubs..good driver to start with. Then a nice putter and some wedges. Before long those unrealistic rounds will be a thing of the past. Just to give you further thought...When Beth was released to the public, we all had starter clubs back then. WE also played from the black tees and several players managed to shoot in the low 60's

• BarmyArmy147
    62 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 1:23 AM

I do get feeling in a about a month and a decent level behind me then this game will get alot better as i will be able to get some proper equipment and score some decent rounds

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 2:11 AM

Play alot of practice rounds. Miss the greens on purpose and experiment..also read the blog on putting distance control by nivloc as well as the chipping post by iconian   both will take a ton of strokes off your game.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 7:09 AM

danohi50:

Wgt is very rewarding...stick with it, purchase a few new clubs..good driver to start with. Then a nice putter and some wedges. Before long those unrealistic rounds will be a thing of the past. Just to give you further thought...When Beth was released to the public, we all had starter clubs back then. WE also played from the black tees and several players managed to shoot in the low 60's

Those "unrealistic" rounds are really very realistic when you consider that the starter clubs and balls mimic a new golfer buying a cheap set of clubs from Wal-mart , K-mart or Target and buying $5.00 dozen Wilson or Nitro balls and trying to Play BPB. Even with my Cobra's with my lack of length I would still be hard pressed to shoot anywhere close to par at BPB. That is what most people fail to realize.

• Yaffley
    26 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2010 4:43 AM

Bethpage is a very difficult course. You simply won't reach the green on those long Par 4 holes until you purchase better clubs. At least a decent driver to give you 10-15m more distance.

But if you want more realistic gameplay then you have to learn this game. If you simply want quick kicks and an arcade experience go to TW. I have just begun to play better on Bethpage. It can be a pig but you need to learn some course management to plot your way around there and that takes a few rounds.

• wingo5
    21 Posts
    Tue, Jan 4 2011 7:51 AM

Barmy...been playn wgt for bout 1 yr...tried TW (*** grafics) game and came back to wgt...this game has some probs, yes, but for overall enjoyment, stay here....buy some good  clubs, ie, driver 1st., then a good putter, (watch the metr ratings) and practice, practice, practice.

enjoy,   wingo5

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Jan 4 2011 10:29 AM

BA147,

Like others have alluded to, if you are interested in mastering the game in a few weeks, TWO is the way to go. If you want a challenge and want to be forced to learn the courses and mature into good scores, nothing tops wgt.

Great scenery playing on the digitized course backdrops, awesome community of helpful players here, and a game in the developmental stages that you can be a part of influencing.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Jan 4 2011 1:05 PM

BarmyArmy147:
    out of 12 par 4 only 7 i can reach in regualation and the other 5 most of them im hitting a wood or hybrid into the green with no chance of stopping the ball on the green

So try laying up to the end of the fairway on those holes and seeing if you can get up and down with a wedge and a putter. That will pay off now and later.

Do your best with the starter equipment before shelling out for the full gear, but don't feel as if you have to compare yourself with the players who have spent that money. Set an intermediate target, like even par. Then when you have conquered the basics, go for the good equipment (like the Raptures) and your game will truly take off.

There are rewards all along the way.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Jan 4 2011 1:09 PM

borntobesting:
    realistic when you consider that the starter clubs and balls mimic a new golfer buying a cheap set of clubs from Wal-mart , K-mart or Target and buying $5.00 dozen Wilson or Nitro balls and trying to Play BPB

Somehow I doubt expensive golf clubs or golf balls are going to make me anything but a crap golfer in real life. Maybe just a crap golfer with delusions. Those advertising claims about the advantages of the equipment in real life are mostly bunk, to be taken with great bags of salt.

As Fuzzy Zoeller said, the problem is usually not in the putter but in the puttee.

Whatever that means.

• PAGES
RSS