Forums

Help › Forums

Advertisements during gameplay NOT GOOD

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 17 2010 5:35 PM (27 replies)
  • cruiser1
    74 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 9:12 AM

WTH... free , what about this game is free. i agree this ads popping up during game play sucks. heyWGTicon. doesn't ur system requirements say turn ur pop up blocker off???         WELL NOW I CAN'T

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 9:47 AM

Free? This game is free for a day with any frequency of game-play. WGT has now put the most expensive set of clubs in place for the novice player. Free? Give me a break. 

I'll say it again, like most .com web sites, advertising consumes the premise of what the web site is. This used to be a golf game, now it's one big advertisement with a golf game in it. 

• DaveHeathcote
    90 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 10:24 AM

Richard4168:
    Free? This game is free for a day with any frequency of game-play. WGT has now put the most expensive set of clubs in place for the novice player. Free? Give me a break.

I've played for 4 months now, have purchased full sets of TM Tour Prefered and Ping G10 'Master' clubs, plus various putters, wedges and other clubs along the way and have not spent a single penny of real money to do so.  As long as you are prepared to wait to accumulate the free credits on offer through surveys and use the other offers when you can (I've used inkclub offer 3 times for things I needed anyway) it can be free, although I have to concede that I choose not to buy balls and I'm not good enough yet to make RGs worth my while.

Regarding the ads, they seem to disappear as soon as you roll the mouse over them so I don't see the big deal if it helps keep the game as free as it currently is.  I do hope WGT use the additional revenue to speed up the new course releases though.

• Homer44
    21 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 2:48 PM

Small Trade-off? Next up, ads all over the fairways? How about the greens? Time is not a small thing, yet WGT is effectively lengthening the game for what?

I will not only boycott every advertiser using these pop-up banners, but will contact them directly to tell them how stupidly banners ads are used on this site!

Every time there is maintenance, you guys do your best to weaken your site. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb!

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 3:09 PM

WGTicon:

Hi guys,

It's a small trade-off to keep this game free.

-wgticon

We payed plenty with the implementation of levels. Contrary to the news flashes, Nobody ever asked for this. It was a purely financial desicion. To many small trade offs become a Large one.

• thatcanadianguy
    557 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 4:07 PM

Free I have spent well over $100 here.

Just how many people do you think are going to click on1 of those adds when they are playing a game? None. It is just a waste of time and resources for those adds.

• edII
    31 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 7:07 AM

WGTIcon, How do you figure this game is free? Everytime you turn around you are either buying balls, new clubs at each level, tourn. entry fees. I love this game, it is so realistic, but it is by far NOT FREE!

• Plucker13
    39 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 7:20 AM

u call this a small trade off !! i disagree this is a huge nuisiance and a piss off. Adding and ad on page between holes i dont care, but does it have to bounce page around?? there has to be a better way and u need to find it. I am beginning to feel like others and tend to agree i will no longer spend any money here if this is not corrected. Point Final.

• shagman11
    12 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 7:25 AM

Very well said.  I will do the same.  This game continues to go downhill.  So typical of America.  Create a product, attract a loyal following, then take advantage.  Sick of it..

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 7:28 AM

WGTicon:

It's a small trade-off to keep this game free.

-wgticon

I have no problem with the ads to generate revenue. They don't happen while you are playing so who cares. But one point--This is not a "free" game. True, the game can be played at modest levels with mediocre results for free--but let's get real--the number of those players who never spend a $ after they start free can't float this boat and really can't appreciate the best this game has to offer.

And if it is a "small trade-off" then what happens when it goes out of Beta--no adds? It's a business and I get it.  Food stamps can provide free food--but food is not free.

Think of the ads as a girl driving around the course in a snack cart asking you if you would like anything...:-)
RSS