Help › Forums

Level Up and Struggles

Tue, Dec 21 2010 4:13 PM (6 replies)
  • DejaVu31
    104 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 6:24 AM

Hey All.

I just leveled up from Pro to Tour Pro.

Since leveling up I am struggling to post decent scores. My score average has shot out by about four strokes.

When one levels up do conditions become more difficult?

For example; holes become longer, wind becomes for difficult, missing the marker on the swing gauge results in a more exaggerated slice or hook, putting greens are made more difficult, clubs become less forgiving?

I can understand in a game as one levels up it becomes more difficult to offer more of a challenge. However, as this game aims to replicate golf as closely as possible I would think that in a tournament such as stroke play the conditions of a course would be the same for all levels. The challenge would come with competing against those at the same level.

Let me know.

Cheers.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 2:18 PM

When you move to a higher tier the tee distances and green speeds will change, which means you are hitting approach shots from further away into faster greens.   This results in learning how to tackle these new shots.

Cheers,

b0gey

• DejaVu31
    104 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 3:14 AM

Thanks for the response Mate.

Cheers.

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 6:54 AM

i was in your shoes not long ago and ignored the advice i will try to repeat to you:

if you find yourself fixating on your average too much.... stop now.

many will sandbag to be in your position.

as you move up tiers, improvements are a bit slower than at first.  Scrambling and of course putting become so much more important.  

Personal "stats" are a good thing to focus on if needed for motivation.  Averages will fluctuate like crazy as you move up tiers.

I felt like I needed to "rush" through pro and pro tour tiers to get to something.  I am happy with 'master', but wish i had tried to compete in more tournaments (and harder courses) at those levels.

good luck.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 11:39 AM

Normally a Tier-up will be because you are cruising at the current tier, posting scores waaaaaaaaaay better than your average. For example, I've seen Masters with lower averages then me! And I'm a Tour Pro! I'm not cruising, just gently lowering my average...

Doodles

• hawaiicruz
    49 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 7:38 PM

I just had the same experience,my average went from 72 to 80 but I have only played a few rounds as a tour pro. I think the only difference between pro and tour pro is tour pros play on very fast greens and have more wind to deal with.

• GeCCo717
    3 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 4:13 PM

Im Completly with you on this on DejaVu31,

Its sort of fine if the course conditions change , but why must our personal equiptment characteristics change with it.

We BUY equipment that suits us.Because we perform ,now our personal equipment fail on us

RSS