Forums

Help › Forums

Chanbers Bay:: Looking for Back Door?

Thu, Apr 30 2015 10:52 PM (25 replies)
  • 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2015 3:15 PM

duffputt:

Tell me if you spot a tree on the course.

There’s only one tree on the course, and it’s not even in play.

The lone fir tree (pictured above) stands behind the green on the par-3 15th hole, standing sentry over Puget Sound. John Ladenburg, the former Pierce County executive who spearheaded the Chambers Bay project, told the Seattle Times he demanded that the tree be kept during course construction “as a reminder of the area we are in, where there are billions of trees. It reminds people where you are.” At the U.S. Open, players at the 16th tee will tee off right under the tree.

(from this)

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2015 3:17 PM

Come-hithery elevation changes and some downright raunchy greens!

• Yasch
    310 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2015 6:40 PM

For those who don't wish to play the full 18

Front 9

Back 9

I take no credit for these links, they were provided by one of my cc members.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2015 10:40 PM

Course looks awesome, excited to see it in person @ the open :)

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2015 11:45 PM

Yasch:

For those who don't wish to play the full 18

Front 9

Back 9

I take no credit for these links, they were provided by one of my cc members.

Nice! ty..  :)        :edit, yes sometimes you dont feel like playing 18,      agreed ! what a beautiful course!  v tough too..

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2015 12:00 AM

Thanks for the back door links, and well played WGT.  A simply superb spectacle:) 

• bluey403
    1,527 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2015 12:53 AM

Awesome, I can see many hours of enjoyment/////// frustration happening here. Hole 12 is definately the coolest hole i have played & the other 17 are are spectacular as well.

3 Cheers from me.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2015 12:56 AM

Great looking course WGT, and as usual as super job in the photography.

I have never been a huge fan of links courses (usually because you feel like you have gone 12 rounds with Mike Tyson fighting the wind and rain) but this is stunning!!!!

I had not played the CTTH so was a real surprise.

Some holes need good course management, especially in the wind, rough and sand everywhere and the elevation changes are very challenging.

Then the greens hardly seem to have a flat spot on them! But they also are a tad slow (for Champ Greens).

I did not play well, ding was off as was my mental guestimates....but loved it. 

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2015 7:02 AM

OK back to the original question is there a back door to set up practice rounds ? In the past you could access and set up practice rounds . Anyone know how to do that ?

RSS