Forums

Help › Forums

HELP !! :-)

Fri, May 8 2015 3:47 PM (20 replies)
  • hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2015 8:51 PM

In my experience - the most critical component of every computer part is the smoke. It is the thing that makes everything work, and nothing operates without it.

I know this - as in the past every time I hear a loud bang from my computer, and see wisps of smoke rising from some blackened component - you can be sure that bit doesn't work any more!

So if you can't get it working properly - take it back to your PC guy and tell him he needs to stick the smoke back in!

PS - I'm a lot better at using computers than fixing them!

Good Luck

The Hakman

• ScottHope
    10,111 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2015 1:54 AM
    Changing what your laptop does when shutting the lid is not too difficult to do Andy.

If your shop did the job properly and dis-assembled the laptop to clean it then they may have forgotten to reconnect something, but if they just blasted it with compressed air from the outside I hope they haven't damaged the speakers. : (

h–––––––––––— Afterthought f 
    Have you tried plugging in some headphones to see if you can hear anything through them?–––––––
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2015 5:32 AM

alcaucin:

Just got back having had computer cleaned ( compressed air ) and there is not a peep out of the thing.

The shop is closed now till morning so...

Well?

• ScottHope
    10,111 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2015 5:43 AM
    He can't hear us Jim  : (   lol.
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2015 6:05 AM

ScottHope:

He can't hear us Jim  : (   lol.

LMAO ^

Well...it was a wire he'd dislodged, arrived back there @ 11am and it being Spain he couldn't get started on the soldering ? ( I presume ) till after his afternoon nap / siesta :-(

So instead of grouting the tiles above the kitchen worktops in the renovation project, which I was going to do.....

I hit the beach instead..... 1st swim of the year in the sea and a nice bit of colour too ( every cloud eh )

Laptop running like brand new now !!

Thanks much for the responses.

Andy

• ScottHope
    10,111 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2015 6:16 AM
    Good to hear  that Andy  : )  cheers.

⇓ EDIT : ew!  : ) ⇓

siggipj76: "mixed with all kinds of fluids."
  • siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2015 6:22 AM

Might need to clean mine too, it's half ash by now.

mixed with all kinds of fluids.

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2015 6:46 AM

siggipj76:

backing away slowly........

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2015 11:07 AM

hakman123:

siggipj76:

backing away slowly........

:-)) ^

House finished so, just going over old posts....

Hectic couple of months, I'm a perfectionist so the renovations took slightly longer than expected...( if I can figure out how to get my pics up from the tablet then I'll spam y'all with sales gumpff lol )

Might be a good time to commit the perfect crime...rubbed all my fookin fingerprints off !! 

Gr8 links as per Scott, lovin the tips thread too.

Andy

• ScottHope
    10,111 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2015 2:04 PM

alcaucin: "Gr8 links as per Scott, lovin the tips thread too."

Thanks A. Don't ask me about tablets tho', my brother has one an I'm useless without a mouse, lol.   ; )

RSS