Forums

Help › Forums

Honor and Integrity

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 9 2010 11:26 PM (5 replies)
  • b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 4:46 PM

I just finished a well fought match with TM who will remain nameless(not sure of the rules when commending someone), but the honor and integrity that this individual showed was above and beyond that of what is called for.  

We played a Match play challenge and this individual hit hybrid off all tees.  When I asked him why he was doing this, he stated to make it fair.   Yes he said fair.   He went on to tell me that he mapped out all 4 courses after then update and plays this way, one to be fair and two so that he is ready when he makes legend.    He mentioned that he does this when he plays legends for credits.  Now this IMO is not required, as I like the challenge, but none the less it was great to see from a member of our community!

Now with that said he also ended up beating me 1 UP after a hard battle on St. Andrews front nine.   I was happy to play this individual and he earned my credits and respect!

I am sure I am not the only golfer to encounter this player in MPC, but it was a lot of fun!

To this golfer I applaud you

*clap, clap*

Cheers,

b0gey

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 5:00 PM

As far as I'm concerned, calling out a player that should be commended doesn't go against the rules. I'm sure the rules say not to call a player out in a disparaging manner.  

That's a good story b0gey.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 5:10 PM

Richard4168:

As far as I'm concerned, calling out a player that should be commended doesn't go against the rules. I'm sure the rules say not to call a player out in a disparaging manner.  

That's a good story b0gey.

I agree, people like this are rare and need to be recognized. Whoever he/she is.....

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 7:00 PM

BRAVO!!!!!

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 8:28 PM

Pretty sure you're talking about Jeffdos.  Great dude.  I've always tried to be fair by duffing a shot when opponent had obvious meter issue but he takes it to a whole new level.

• columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2010 11:26 PM

Fairplay and sportsmanship are something you are born with, either you have them or you don't. You can't teach them and you can't explain them. 

Sadly, nowadays, these qualities are so rare that we are compelled to jump up and cheer when we bump into them.

RSS