Help › Forums

Fix this please!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 6 2010 1:10 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Heath021
    378 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 6:46 AM

OK!...just played 9 hole limited tournament on St. Andrews.  124 yards away on 16 into a 31 mile per hour wind hit a 9 iron full no spin. The ball goes 131 yards?  How is that. WGT just costs me 2 strokes on the tournament with there inconsistencies. WGT please fix these bugs!!!  I spend alot of money here and diserve fairness.  Dont know how the same players shoot so low round after round after round?

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 7:10 AM

ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! THE FREAKING INCONSISTENCY ON WGT SCREWED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant get this wind factor right.  176 yards using a club that goes 175 with a 18 mph wind comes up short into the bunker on #16 then my chip goes 1 yard...lol WTF!!!!!!!!!!

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 8:59 AM

OK!!! How can prichcs, jakestanfill, and others continually score well on these inconsistent courses. what the heck is the secret. I play constantly. Taking forever to move up tiers. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 9:04 AM

Heath021:
    OK!!! How can prichcs, jakestanfill, and others continually score well on these inconsistent courses. what the heck is the secret.

Easy.   Good reflexes, good memory, and 3.000 ranked rounds played.  They know all the inconsistencies and adapt accordingly.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 9:37 AM

Heath021:

I cant get this wind factor right.  176 yards using a club that goes 175 with a 18 mph wind comes up short into the bunker on #16 then my chip goes 1 yard...lol WTF!!!!!!!!!!

First the rated distance of any club is including roll. If you land somewhere where it will not roll you don't get the exact distance. Second if you add backspin the club's distance will be reduced some. And third make sure you didn't accidentally change your club by moving the scroll wheel. It happens from time to time. And don't chip from a bunker. Full shot yes punch yes pitch shot yes but not chip. 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 10:22 AM

Heath021:

I am confused, are you trying to chip from a bunker? That's definately not what you should be doing.

-wgticon

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 10:28 AM

If you want some help and/or want us to say yeah that's pretty messed up... Need to be a little more specific.

Example hit 175 club w/ bs into a 16 wind minor el change, very fast greens and went a total of 205 yds. ok...

Without knowing if you hit bs/ns/or fs spin and/or green type hard to help ya or concur with ya.

• crgade
    490 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 10:39 AM

agree with ncviz

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 11:58 AM

Heath021:
     124 yards away on 16 into a 31 mile per hour wind hit a 9 iron full no spin. The ball goes 131 yards?  How is that. WGT just costs me 2 strokes on the tournament with there inconsistencies. WGT please fix these bugs!!!  I spend alot of money here and deserve fairness.

Heath, it would probably help with a little more info of the shot w/9iron you described. (assuming "VEM" aka beast not invoved).;(  What was the carry and roll distance. Did it take a fluke bounce? Did it hit/bounce off the down slope of a hill? Hitting onto the green at 16 sometimes do take "strange" hops, rolls, or just stops dead. imo

I see you have invested a lot of time and money into this game, as have I. I assume you are fairly well familiar with your clubs as do I. Is it frustrating? Understatement... loL

You use the G15's so I'm not familiar with characteristics, distances or idiosyncrasies. I use the G10's w/9iron rated at 130 yds. But that particular iron can be "fickle" at times. For example, full swing little bs the ball jumps off and goes ballistic regardless of wind speed. 8- 7irons 145/160 yds rating come up short consistantly. (thanx Jake for that warning) 

Is this a bug? I used to think so, but now I realize its part of the design feature with the set...Is it frustrating? Understatement...LOL  

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 12:05 PM

andyson:
    ...Good reflexes, good memory...

Where are those in the pro shop?;D...Have funds, Will purchase,:).....LOL

• PAGES
RSS