Help › Forums

Chrome recommendations?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 1 2015 8:49 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2015 8:21 AM

I use the latest Chrome version with the latest Pepperflash version.  No Java RTE installed in Chrome, no Adblock, Skype running, Excel running, Windows Live Mail running, and my meter is great.  No problems running the gameclient using Pepperflash.

• viciii3
    766 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 8:16 PM

It just dawned on me (yeah, I'm a maroon) why I had 2 versions of Flash. One was for MSIE10, which I use for everything BUT WGT. So deleting that didn't help and had to be reinstalled for MSIE to work. I think I'll give the recommendation for using the  the non-pepperflash version in Chrome a try...what have I got to lose ;-)

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 8:24 PM

I've been using Chrome for a long time with minimal (on occasion) meter issues - I also separate WGT by only using Chrome for gameclient and IE for all other applications.  With all the praise I hear about Max 3, I may just crack the top on that bottle, download it, and see what all the hullabaloo is about.

On Chrome, I disable PepFlash as well.  I'm not as big of a fan of cache-clearing though.

• viciii3
    766 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 8:49 PM

ApexPC:

I disable PepperFlash.

I went to the Adobe Flash player web site and downloaded a non-pepperflash version and keep the (17.0.0.134 is current) non-pepperflash version updated:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_17_0_0_134.dll

ApexPC...you are my hero. It works! I played a few holes and found the meter to be improved 1000% percent! A question for you...when you say "disable pepperflash", do you mean like this?:

Adobe Flash Player (2 files) Version: 17,0,0,134
    Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
    Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
    Version: 17.0.0.134
    Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\41.0.2272.101\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)
      Enable
    MIME types:
    MIME type Description File extensions
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash
    .swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player
    .spl
    Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
    Version: 17,0,0,134
    Location: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF64_17_0_0_134.dll
    Type: NPAPI
      Disable
    MIME types:
    MIME type Description File extensions
    application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie
    .swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie
    .spl
    Disable  Always allowed
    Or did you do something more, like actually remove pepperflash?
    Also, how did you find this non-pepperflash version? I've bookmarked the link you posted to this flash download but I wonder if it will always bring me to the correct Flash version download if it is updated in the future.
    Either way, you have saved my WGT career, which was in true jeopardy of being discarded.
    Thank you, Sir!
    Vic
  • PAGES
RSS