Help › Forums

lip outs!!!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 6 2010 4:35 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Heath021
    378 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2010 10:19 AM

During the past 2 days my putts have lipped out about 40 times. Dont know if WGT has it programmed to do this more or what?  It is pretty aggrecating to hit a perfect to have it go in and out.  i can see if i hit it bad.  My speed has been pretty good over the years. Just dont know why its doing it to me.

• freeswinger83
    22 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2010 10:45 AM

During my first 2 months into WGT I wrote a blog on my profile about lipouts. They still plague me from time to time but I have noticed that the higher up in tier I go it mostly has to do with putt speed. I dont know where you rank but try playing your practice rounds on tournament speeds all the time. getting used to faster greens and truer rolls helped me curb the lip outs a bit. But it does seem like if you are playing a great round, WGT jumps up and bites your behind with a lipout that can really ruin your score. I think there should be an award for lipouts like there is for the yips...I know I'd already have it in diamond! 

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2010 10:57 AM

I am a legend with tier 71 so I play alot. This game just seems to be more and more inconsistent with greens and yardages.  Sometimes the wind dosnt even effect the ball at times. Just getting a little aggitated about what is happening.

• DavyJones1980
    43 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2010 1:31 PM

freeswinger83:
    try playing your practice rounds on tournament speeds all the time. getting used to faster greens and truer rolls

This may be a bit off topic, but was curious why players use practice rounds with the current points awarded format?    As far as I see it you get no points for practice rounds. Playing RR's/CTTH/Blitz, at least give you points, including CDPpts toward advancing to the next level.

Even if you have a bad round there's no penalty to your scoring average. Only your lowest scoring rounds effect your avg. IMO

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2010 2:57 PM

Just finished a RG round was -2 after the first 2 holes...then 4 lip outs in a row..didn't do well after that. LOL  Does make you wonder............

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2010 3:54 PM

You know, I thought it was just me being a bit off over the last few days but In 2 WGT match I had 4 in one and 3 in another. Interesting................

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2010 5:13 PM

I have also expierienced more lip outs.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2010 5:40 PM

SGTBilko:

You know, I thought it was just me being a bit off over the last few days but In 2 WGT match I had 4 in one and 3 in another. Interesting................

I too have been experiencing lip outs and have found a very nice way to get rid of all that frustration - just knock in the resulting 2 footer as hard as is physically possible (about 8 ft on the power bar...).

• hawaiicruz
    49 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 2:04 PM

DavyJones1980:

freeswinger83:
    try playing your practice rounds on tournament speeds all the time. getting used to faster greens and truer rolls

This may be a bit off topic, but was curious why players use practice rounds with the current points awarded format?    As far as I see it you get no points for practice rounds. Playing RR's/CTTH/Blitz, at least give you points, including CDPpts toward advancing to the next level.

Even if you have a bad round there's no penalty to your scoring average. Only your lowest scoring rounds effect your avg. IMO

x2 why bother playing practice rounds?

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 4:01 PM

Sorry guys,It seems that this is all my falt...

Not to long ago, I moned about the WGT personel not haveing enough knoledge in real golf to know the true reaction between ball speed and hole  with or without the pine in.

And the the holes shoud be at least,,at least 30% more forgiveing...

Since then they have been 30% less forgiveing,

They have there reasons for this.Those reasons are unfair....

NAV.

• PAGES
RSS