Forums

Help › Forums

Score card check in tournaments

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 1 2010 5:01 AM (2 replies)
  • happyman123uk
    1,242 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 2:23 AM

My club is starting its own league but we need to sore out who's in what league and to do this we are running an 18 hole placement tournament and going to take there score from there  1st 12 go into league 1 next 12 go into league 2 and so on but my problem is if we get so many on the same score how do we work it out.does anyone know how WGT work it out.I.E if 5 are on the same score who goes first and why.

• DougBieker
    333 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 2:43 AM

I believe that WGT backs up scorecards on ties starting at 18, 17, 16, etc till you have a winner.  You could also send them back out for a playoff, might be kind of fun.  The other option that some tournaments use outside of WGT is to see what their score was on the number one handicap hole.  Hope this helps

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 5:01 AM

It's buried over there in the FAQs, that is tiebreaking procedures.

I believe it's...

#1 best last 6 holes... #2 best last 3 holes... then from last to first hole. This is for 9 holes of course. 18 are the same cept it starts with low back nine.

In a perfect world wouldn't mind seeing them go from #1 handicap down to last handicap. Since different conditions would yield different results, the handicaps might need to be be calculated for each individual tourney on the fly.

There's so many ways you could go with this. Entering the hole you could give the player info on the hole, ie what's it current handicap, how many pars/birdies/eagles has it yielded so far. Something to think about it.

RSS