Help › Forums

?

Wed, Jun 3 2015 6:36 PM (42 replies)
  • Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 3:48 PM
    02 Jan 2015 @ 5:12 AM
    "Country Club" 

I wanted to tell you that I am leaving the club, not because of anything wrong, but just don't have the time to play anymore.

I think your club is the best I have ever belonged to.  Very active and I appreciate your hard work in keeping it going.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 6:18 PM

mrindone,

Your ranting, name calling and attacking of others in this forum simply shows your true character.  No one called you out by name, or in any other way.   I don't know why you left (or were ejected from)  FPGC.  Nor do I care.

I have too much self worth to resort to a "do anything and everything to win" approach, especially in a computer game.  Or anything else in my life.  My self esteem is far greater than that.  Can you say the same?  And what about the CC you currently are polluting with your presence?  I don't want to insult others, especially inadvertently.  They may be too tolerant for their own good.

I joined FPCG and have found it to be a great CC, with very friendly, welcoming members.  We have a great selection of CC tournaments taking place here.  And members willing to support the creation of a prize pool to payoff the tournament winners.  

I want to associate with those types of people, the kind you'd enjoy having a pint or two with after work on your way home.  That's who we are looking for as members in this CC.

I'm sure I will also be subject to some of your mudslinging rants in this forum.  That is your style.  But I am not worried about it, as I've been attacked by experts compared to the likes of you.  You remind me of the little lizard who was proud of his heritage, because he was part dinosaur on his mothers side.  

I'm sure Jean Paul Sarte was thinking of your type when he made his famous, misquoted comment of "Hell is other people."   I'm sure Dante had a small, unimportant Circle in mind for your ilk.  No doubt your place is already reserved.  So I wish you "Bon Voyage."  Your behavior speaks for itself, sir. 

Sincerely,

Phred952

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 6:37 PM

lol....Dignified, Funny and Diplomatic = Pure Class. Well Said Phred.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2015 4:35 AM

TY.

• mrindone
    77 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2015 7:21 PM

I have no issue with you phred. Never met or spoken to you. But you are blindly backing someone and without knowing me or the facts , you deem it ok to judge me. Do your research and you will have your eyes opened to the real him. Its ALL over the forums , going way back. Its not hard to find. Check the links provided by mkrizan86 on page 3 of this thread. Just a small sample of his handiwork. Theres  a lot more out there than just these.  Read them all the way thru and see if you feel the same way after.

Regards  ,  M.

• jb6000
    1,231 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2015 7:38 PM

Wouldn't you all rather try your best to win 1000 credits & if you fail at winning 5th place gets 2000 credits :)

Take a look at my post to see what's going on :)

Jimmy

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2015 9:13 PM

mrindone, 

My issue with you is your attacks on the CC that I belong to.  And many other fine, upstanding people I've met here. Your comments included all of us members, not just Dubfore.  Yes, I don't know what transpired while you were a member of FPGC.  But it's moved far beyond any reasonable disagreement. 

As an example of what I think is cheating, follow this please.  Just the other day there was a post by a person who explicitly shows how he is sandbagging (as I would call it), in an apparently legal if ethically questionable manner.  It was accomplished by playing almost no ranked rounds, only practice rounds for particular tournaments, until he felt ready to play them.  

This allowed him to avoid tiering up, and therefore play against lesser experienced, lower tiered  players.  He also played a lot of MP and AS games with friends.  All not ranked, of course.  And he was wondering why they had moved him up to Master Tier, after admitting he had won some tournaments for credits. I guess the concept that people expect your scoring average to fairly and accurately reflect your ability was foreign to him. 

When I first joined, I naively thought that the "offers" were checked out and approved by WGT.  After all, it's their site.  Sadly, we all know that's not the case.  So being upset when you get burned by a supposedly reputable entity is a very normal reaction.  I'm sure I'm not the only one it happened to.

I've read the posts available on the links provided.  We all can fall off into the deep end without meaning to, and react in the same way.  I know I've done it, and I'm sure you've probably done it also.  And we all know that cheating is a problem here, especially with multi-account players working the system.  Or "meter cheats".

At this point, I'm going to request that everyone back away from the rhetoric and put the past behind us all.  Those who have remained or recently joined FPGC found something here we like.  We've been warned, and we'll have no one to blame but ourselves if what you state turns out to be true.

So I'm asking Dubfore, and you, and any others who got involved to take a step back and return this Country Club forum back to the purpose of recruiting members.  

Lets put an end to the name calling and agree to disagree.  And you'll agree to end posting anything on our threads.  We'll agree not to do that to you.  Anyone joining a CC has the ability to check it out, and no one is forced to remain a member if they find out things aren't what they expected.

Hopefully this will be something we can all live with.   As many problems as exist on this site, I still want to be able to look forward to coming here and enjoy a game.  Life is too short for any of us to get in these verbal jousting matches.

Thank you for your "Regards" which I freely accept at face value.  I return the same sentiment to you, and wish you all the best at whatever CC you a now part of.  And I do appreciate that you and I have managed to leave the "mud" outside.  Well done, Sir.

Sincerely,

Phred952

• jb6000
    1,231 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2015 9:22 PM

So your saying you want the chance to win 1000 credits ?

• mrindone
    77 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 4:35 PM

phred592 : First off , let me say I have a lot of respect for you. You looked at things and you make some very valid points. My blasting of the club is wrong. I KNOW  there are some good guys in that club ,and from what I have seen that includes you too. So I must apologize for saying negative things about the club in general. This whole business revolves around Dub calling me a cheater. He makes those charges to a lot of players as you saw. I do not  take his accusations lightly. I have NEVER and will NEVER resort to cheating or sandbagging .I  will share my view on a similar topic. My average is 60.44 and I am "somewhat" nearing TL tier. I REFUSE TO PLAY any ranked round or tourney that is not from the hardest tees. I want to earn that promotion the right way , not by shortcutting and playing easy tees. ( I intend no disrespect to anyone who plays those tees, just my own choice to do it that way). So as you can see , it doesn't sit well with me how easily he tosses around the cheater label. He has been told by many of the top / respected players that there is no validity or sense to his claims and labeling of others. There isn't anything close to proof or evidence of his baseless charges because  IT ISN'T HAPPENING !!!!!  I still feel he owes me an apology for his UNTRUE accusations. But I don't hold much hope for that happening, so until then I just can't have any respect for him or his methods. Maybe he will surprise me. I guess I will wait and see. Regardless , this is the end of the back and forth jousting. Enough  already, lol. It is quite refreshing to have a rational and intelligent conversation. Thank you for that phred. Much respect and luck to you.

Regards ,  M.

P.S.   Glad you took my regards last time as intended. Was concerned you might have thought I was being sarcastic. Thanks again phred.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 5:27 PM

No worries, M8.  I did take your regards and your personal notes to me at face value.  I respect your position about "earning" TL.  I  never set up what I call "Red Tee TL" tournaments., except for Par 5's, which don't count.  And can be a lot of fun.  I myself will probably never get there.  Not negative about it, just somewhat realistic.  I'm slowly chipping away at my average to get it under 63 and move up to TM.

I once read a post where someone referred to those like me as "having the reflexes of a hibernating bear" when talking about a club with too slow of a swing meter for him.  That is something I fight sometimes.  Time and gravity take their toll on all of us.  LOL.  And I figure it will catch up with that person eventually.

Thank you for stepping up and ending the verbal jousting.  I have the utmost respect for your doing so.  My best wishes in your quest for TL, and good luck to you in your matches.

All my best,

phred952

RSS